Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras stopped recording

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Lauriarab31
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an older Pro system. They have been recording and storing the 7 days with no problems until yesterday afternoon. Now nothing is recording. I have 4 cameras set up

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lauriarab31 wrote:

I have an older Pro system. They have been recording and storing the 7 days with no problems until yesterday afternoon. Now nothing is recording. I have 4 cameras set up

Have you tried making a manual recording when livestreaming?

Lauriarab31
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can manually have it record in live streaming. Just not recording on any of them when there's a motion 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lauriarab31 wrote:

I can manually have it record in live streaming. Just not recording on any of them when there's a motion 

Does your app show "Library" in the menu? Or is it now showing "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead?

Have you double-checked the mode(s) you are using?  Making sure there are rules for your Pro cameras in them, and that they are set to record when motion is detected?

Lauriarab31
Aspirant
Aspirant

It shows feed and dashboard. It updated recently. I'll check the rules, but it was working after the update 

Lauriarab31
Aspirant
Aspirant

As far as I can tell it all looks correct. I might just remove the base and cameras from app and start over

Bwgbat
Aspirant
Aspirant

Essentially spotlight camera recently stopped recording local on base station. Believe it was with last app update. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Bwgbat 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have tried so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Bwgbat
Aspirant
Aspirant

Basically every option, checked all settings 

removed camera and added back /reconnected to base station

Restarted base station

ensured no new software update’s available 

I was told ARLO  did this on purpose 

and was requesting a $2-300 to send a security update. 
if that’s face that is unacceptable 

all documentation even on newest essential cameras stars local recording is available 

my essential spotlight cameras are only a couple years old. 

Bwgbat
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also my older pro cameras are still recording perfectly 

my neighbor has same problem. 
his were all fine until he updated the app.  
ARLO technical support told him it would cost to fix. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @Bwgbat 

It sounds like you and your neighbor unfortuantely reached a scam website or phone number. Arlo does not charge a fee for software updates. The only associated fees will be related to Arlo subscriptions. Please be careful when searching the web. If you would like to provide the scam website info to me I can report this to the appropriate team. 

To address your local storage concern, are you trying to view the recordings from a mobile device using a VPN or from your USB stick?