Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station will not connect after power outage. All lights green but asking password to connect.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
VernitaC
Aspirant
Aspirant

We had a power outage 2 months ago and now the base station will not connect to my wifi! All lights are green, but asking for a password to connect. WiFI password will not work and it will not automatically connect like before!

8 REPLIES 8
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@VernitaC wrote:
We had a power outage 2 months ago and now the base station will not connect to my wifi!

There is no wifi that you can connect to with the Arlo base station. You plug it into your router and your cameras use their own separate wifi to talk to the base station. 

@VernitaC wrote:
All lights are green, but asking for a password to connect.

The green lights suggests that your base station is working. The password request is more likely to be from the router that you plugged the Arlo base station into.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
VernitaC
Aspirant
Aspirant
The base station is plugged into the router. When I try to add the base station on the App it tells me to connect to my phone. When I go to settings and click on the base station that is showing as one of my networks, it will not connect. Therefore, it will not allow me to go any further in the setup, it is asking for a password. I even tried my password for the router and it still will not connect.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@VernitaC wrote:
When I try to add the base station on the App it tells me to connect to my phone. When I go to settings and click on the base station that is showing as one of my networks, it will not connect.

There is no wifi on the base station that your phone can connect to.

Your phone has to connect to the Internet, usually through the local wifi network from your router.

You then tell the Arlo app on your phone to login to your myarlo account.

Or, if you have a desktop PC, point a browser at this:

https://my.arlo.com/#/login

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
VernitaC
Aspirant
Aspirant
My phone or computer is still not able to access my Arlo Base Station to add my cameras. All lights are green and everything is connected! I just can’t add my devices to my account since the power outage! I need help or maybe need a new camera system?
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@VernitaC wrote:
My phone or computer is still not able to access my Arlo Base Station to add my cameras. All lights are green and everything is connected! I just can’t add my devices to my account since the power outage! I need help or maybe need a new camera system?

You have not added any more details in response to the previous suggestion.

Simply repeating the position does not get us any further.

What happens when you aim a browser at:

https://my.arlo.com/#/login

Can you see your Arlo hub?

Take us through the steps you are using to try to get at your Arlo system.

We know that all lights are green, so you don't need to repeat that. To me this suggests that you hub is working and connected to the Internet.

Just another user
sobolewskis1
Tutor
Tutor
I have having the exact problem. We had electricians working the other day on the house, now cannot connect. Lights are all green but we remain offline.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@sobolewskis1 wrote:
I have having the exact problem.

And I have the exact same answers.

Thoughts on what you can do to rescue your system depend on the information that we have.

Vague details of the problems at your end will only elicit vague suggestions.

Just another user
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sobolewskis1 wrote:
I have having the exact problem. We had electricians working the other day on the house, now cannot connect. Lights are all green but we remain offline.

If you see the base as off-line in your account, then one thing we commonly suggest is to try removing the base from the account, and resetting it (using the pinhole in the back).  Then re-add it (along with the cameras).

FWIW I have sometimes had to do this with my one of my bases (which also had a green status).

If the web client doesn't find the base when you try to re-add it, then try contacting support ( https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx )