Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station taken over by someone else via wireless

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have already complained to Arlo advising my Arlo cameras are being hacked but never received a call back.   I have video footage to show that someone is connecting to my base station via their internet whilst my ethernet is not connected to my base station and router turned off.  

Over the last few days I have narrowed it down to someone taking over the SSID. First they used the same SSID as when removed based station/cameras and turned off base station still showing up in my area.  The only way to fix this is to remove base station, 5 cameras and reset the base station.  The next day the SSID has changed again and someone is logging in. I then remove the base station & cameras again (not reset at back of base station) and when try add back, get a message saying can't add as incorrect wifi/internet (something to that effect). So to get around this have to reset the base station and start all over again.

Each time I do this the Base Station says it is up to date (current version) and the cameras will up date over night between 3am - 5am which they don’t.   

This is all on video showing the SSID changing daily, unable to add my base station/cameras to my account (my arlo) unless reset the base station.  

If Arlo don't want to take this seriously then I will post all video footage of the events.  And please don't tell me you will get in contact with me as you have already emailed me 5 times wanting more information when I have sent you everything you have asked including the video footage and events of what is happening.

Very bad product and can be hacked via wifi taking over your base station/cameras.  After spending over $3k on Arlo products (updating to new products), will not be recommending this product to anyone and as for the Support... it's terrible, there is not support at all.

0 REPLIES 0