Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Hub and Cameras Won't Sync

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Chartruce
Follower
Follower

I didn't see a solution posted to this issue; there were only older posts and things to try. I have the original Arlo Pro cameras (that take the 123 type batteries) and the original base hub WMB301 series. This is the first time I have been unable to get my cameras to sync to the base hub in six years.

I have tried all of the following:
1. Replace all camera batteries.
2. Performed a factor reset to the base hub.
3. Remove the base hub and reinstall it.
4. I checked my internet connection and speed (all is good).
5. I unplugged my base hub from the power supply, left unplugged for 30 minutes, and removed and reinstalled it.

The first two lights on the hub are green, so I have a good internet connection. The hub sits next to my router, so distance is not an issue.

I brought each camera inside so they were next to the hub. Just so you know, I could sync from outside without issues before. I've tried to sync using the app process and the sync buttons on the camera and hub.

I get the same results each time; the third light on the base hub is not lit except when trying to sync; it flashes, but it has the same results each time: they won't sync and say it cannot find anything to sync.

Before I could call Arlo support, I tried this time and all you get is the virtual assistant who wasn't any support. I tried to contact a person only to find out that you have to be on an Arlo plan (which means you pay) if you want any support.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The fact that the Camera LED is off would seem to indicate that the base isn't actually in your account. I understand what you've said that you've done but the indication is that it didn't work.

BTW, moving the base away from the router as much as practical can help with minimizing the router's interference with the base's embedded WiFi.

It may simply be that the base has a fault and needs to be replaced.