Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
pcolin
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo pro battery My.Arlo.com shows incorrect status of battery.  The batteries and camera work fine and are reported properly in the iPhone app.  But the web portal is incorrect.  I have tried this on multiple computers and browsers and always get the wrong status on 2 of my 4 cameras.  Charging and changing batteries makes no difference and does not solve the web portal's problem.

48 REPLIES 48
ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

Here I go again... why does the battery level for my Arlo Pro 2 using my iPhone 8 differ from what I see in my Chrome Mac desktop browser? This is the most annoying bug that seems too have been around for awhile! (not to mention others which I don't want to get into).

BTW - I'm using all updated versions of software and browsers and have tried clearing browser cache and turning cameras off and on. Nothing seems to work.

I fully charged the Arlo Pro 2 in which my iPhone recognizes that its fully charged but Chrome thinks it has 17% left.

Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for letting me know, let me investigate this and I will provide more info as soon as possible. 

Do you mind letting know which version of iOS is installed on your phone as well as Arlo App version?

Thanks 

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Hello.

I noticed an old Arlo camer, from 2/2015, shows big battery percentage differences. https://my.arlo.com/#/home says 80%. iOS app says 17%. Which one is correct? 😕

Thank  you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂

Dannybear
Master
Master
I have noticed this with my pro2 cameras, been this way for a long time. If I force a change to the camera settings and login again it seems to update the battery to the correct value along with the icon status. This is using the web portal, iOS app seems to be constantly correct.
ant
Mentor
Mentor

I guess iOS app was accurate since the old camera went dead due to drained CR123 batteries this early morning. 😞

Dannybear
Master
Master
The arlo portal used to be the go to for reliability but no longer. Seems to now be no better than the mobile versions now.
secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

There's a discrepancy between the battery percentage reading via web portal and mobile portal.

For ex, one camera reads 68% when I look at its battery remaining percentage in the web portal, yet with the mobile portal (latest Android app version) it's only 34%.

So - which is correct?  That's a big discrepancy...

Dannybear
Master
Master
Been this way for months now, the web app is not updating the local folder cookie, ignore the web portal, use the mobile app.

If you desperately need to use the browser you can use the incognito window to login or set the browser to clear cookies on exit specifically for the my.arlo.com site if you want to get past the 2fa request.
secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You rock, thank you!

That is indeed the case.

I normally use the Android app, but have been troubleshooting other broken features so was in the web portal, that how I happened to notice the discrepancy.

If this started a few months ago, probably happened during the same update that broke Arlo Smart for me.  I've been receiving animated previews for quite a while now and can't disable them no matter what I do.

Seems like around this time of year Arlo loves to push out a big release and break things that worked fine... been using since 2017... so have that deja vu feeling... lol...

Thanks again!

secaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

BTW - if you don't want to use incognito tab/window (have to type your user name and password, that's an issue for the lazy) and don't want to clear you cookies on exit, you just need to delete all the Arlo cookies EXCEPT...

ocapi-app.arlo.com

... this is the one for browser trust.  There's also one that has the same name EXCEPT it has a period prepending the cookie name, that you can delete... and there's a few more Arlo cookies you can delete them as well.

When you log in next time you won't have to go through the browser trust thing, since you will have saved that cookie, and your battery percentages will be correct because you will have deleted the other Arlo cookies...  🙂

Dannybear
Master
Master
I have generally found that the bug is continuous so deleting the cookies does not work for the next browser use since the local folder never gets updated after creation, hence the need to clear the my.arlo.com site cookies on browser exit so when you reopen it, it forces the update of status.

For me the bug also disables the record and snapshot buttons when live viewing.

It can also disable access to your camera if the browser session is closed when in that offline state so preventing you using the camera so you think it’s still broken but it isn’t.

Clearing cookies on exit specific for the my.arlo.com site only keeps the trust cookie active so you don’t have to do the 2fa dance.

I have tested this successfully using chrome, edge and Firefox browsers.

I suspect arlo is finding it hard to duplicate which suggests it’s a location based issue.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@pcolin wrote:

Arlo pro battery My.Arlo.com shows incorrect status of battery. 

Others have reported this also.  If you log into an incognito/private browser window, does that make any difference?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There was a web update that was released to resolve this issue today. Please clear your cache and try again and let me know ho it goes. 

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Nope, didn't fix anything.

pcolin
Tutor
Tutor

I logged in using a computer and browser that I have never ever used to access the MyArlo portal.  But the same error still appears for 2 of my 4 cameras, incorrectly showing 2 batteries not charged (and not charging if/when plugged into the charger).  Nope, those two batteries are actually fully charged and appear so using the iPhone app.   All 4 cameras are working perfectly.   Very odd condition since everything is correctly reported when using the iPhone app.  Pete Colin

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the updates, I have notified the team. I will update the thread as soon as possible. 

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Been having this problem for months and getting nowhere with Arlo. Very inconvenient as we only use desktop. We have had to keep our cameras plugged in all the time as site never shows them charging or dead. 

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

I replied on the other thread too....Incognito on Chrome shows correct battery levels. Now just a problem with getting any rule we set to actually change. Unchecking Audio and clicking Save does not stop Audio rule recordings. We always have Motion on but only Audio on certain days but cannot get it to turn off now.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ksss11

Noted, thanks for the new info.

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

Now Schedule does not work anymore either. I just disarms the system using app or browser. Is there anyone there that knows how to code?

Jonfn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Updated android app software on 30 Aug 2022 to Ver 3.6.9_28472. Since then the battery % does not update and when charging blue light does not come on when battery is full despite resetting Hub and cameras, changing batteries, cleaning charger points and testing on other cameras. I dont know if the charger is the issue, it was ok last time I used it 2 months ago and I am not going to buy another one just for a test. The app flickers when logging in from low % to higher % then back again. The cameras still work but the blue light does not come on when fully charged. The app and the PC show different battery %'s (23% on app and 89% on PC). There are no software updates available for Hub or cameras. I am lost!!!!!!!!!!!

H2ohorstmann
Aspirant
Aspirant

My ARLO Pro camera was showing 21% then the next day with no charging it showed 100% after two days of 100% charge I got notification that this camera was at 15% and needed to be charged but it was still showing 100% so I put it on the Charger for an hour and this is not usually enough time to get full charge but it still shows 100%,  also while the camera was on the charger it did not show that it was charging.  Then i checked my camera’s that or on solar one camera indicated 96% with no activity and full sun it also did not show that it was charging.  I also noticed that all my camera’s were going off line and cycling back on again several times in ten minutes sound like ARLO has a server problem??? Any input??

Dannybear
Master
Master

There are two investigations underway.

Base station firmware update and web portal problem.

arlolancer
Aspirant
Aspirant

VMB 4000 base station  with 4 cameras

Everything is working great except that - when i complete charging 2 of my batteries - the system still registers them as "not charged".    Camera records all movement, batteries read 100% charged when in the charger - and they work fine.....  its just the program doesnt read the correct % charged. (and i can not turn the camera on "real time" because of this).

Any suggestions on what is wrong or what i should do to fix it??

thanks