Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo library

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Fleabaggins
Follower
Follower

Hi there.  Usually all my wireless Arlo cameras record their videos in the library, that I can access with any of my devices.  While out of town, I took both my computer and phone (the 2 devices I access Arlo feed on).  Because I was on another wifi network, I could not access the cameras while I was away.  Upon returning, I found that no videos were recorded in the library for the dates I was away.  Since the cameras were still working, is there somewhere else those videos would have been recorded?  Is there a way I can access them?  Or were no videos recorded for that day?

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

If the library does not show any recordings then you didn’t have any events to be recorded.

This would be confirmed by not having any push notifications to your phone while you were away.

If you had a base/hub connected to the cameras and have backup storage device enabled, you would be able to double check the storage device for recordings for the away period.

If you go away again try using the cellular data mode to access your arlo account instead of the wifi.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Fleabaggins wrote:

While out of town, I took both my computer and phone (the 2 devices I access Arlo feed on).  Because I was on another wifi network, I could not access the cameras while I was away.  

You should have been able to access the cameras (both livestreaming and recording).  Did you try to do this?  Or were you just assuming it wouldn't work?

As @DannyBearAgain suggests, try a test with your phone - disconnecting it from wifi, and just using mobile data.  You should be able to livestream and see recordings.