Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Minboui
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi There,

Recently purchased and installed Arlo Pro wireless 2 cameras. Everything is fine except for 1 issue. The volume on the camera speakers (2 way talk) is very very low when I use the Arlo App on my Note 9 phone. However, the volume is nice and loud when I use the 2 way talk function from the Web portal on my computer. The speaker is set to 100% on both cameras. 

Anyone experienced this before and if yes how did you resolve this issue?

I have the latest software/firmware, I uninstalled and installed again. 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Some devices don't have as much audio output as computers.... either by settings in the phone ( privacy mode on or off  if you have it ) , no mic gain

Test this by using an external mic on a set of earbuds OR a BT device to see if it helps

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Minboui
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think you are right. Any way to increase the mic gain on my phone? Any other note 9 or samsung phone users having the same issue? What did you all do?

Minboui
Aspirant
Aspirant

This seems to be a reccuring not yet fixed issue for samsung users...  2018 wow... I just got the cameras yesterday and thinking about returning them. What is the point of paying premium if I cannot use one of its functionalities...

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-Pro-Cameras-Speaker-Has-Low-Volume/td-p/1357139/page/3