Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Won’t Live Stream. Tried switching cameras, resyncing, checked modem and firmware.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Foundation
Follower
Follower

A while back we purchased an arlo pro 3 camera system. We have all of the cameras with in 40 ft if the base inside the house. All create a triangle around the base. 1 we use as a nursery camera and usually only when our son is going to sleep to make sure he gets to sleep.

At first all 3 cameras connected just fine but recently we have had trouble connecting to the nursery camera. It is the furthest away from the base but at a maximum of 40 ft. The signal travels through 1 wall which is an interior sheet rock wall. The app rarely records or lets us view that camera live which is the only camera I care about viewing live. Notable things:

1) I’ve switched out all 3 cameras in the room to make sure it isn’t something with the individual camera.
2) I’ve deleted and resynced each camera to make sure that there wasn’t an issue.
3) The internet provider (Spectrum) came and checked all the lines, installed all new modem, and replaced the ends on the lines to make sure we are getting too speed of around 50-100 mbps upload speed and close to 500 DL.
4) The line of sight might be strained because the arlo sits on one side of a wall then 40 ft later the camera sits in the other (although it worked before)
5) Firmware and app are up to date.

Have open case with arlo just can not get them to answer when I call and am usually at work when they call. Ready to throw this out and go with ring or run a wired system. I have years of experience in the security field and install arlo all the time, actually recommend it to customers. Luckily they aren’t experiencing the same issues I’m having or I might be out of a job.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it practical to move the base closer to the problem camera?