Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Doesn’t Record

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Not-A-Fan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Upgraded the Arlo app to Arlo Secure 4.0 experience. The new app experience is horrible. It does not record any videos or detect any motions, but I can still record manually. Reset/restart/power cycle the cameras and home base station several times. It still doesn’t fix the issue. I have the Arlo Pro (VMB4000), this device includes free 7 day rolling cloud service.  Is there a way to fix this? Or how can I convert back to the old Arlo app UI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Not-A-Fan wrote:

can I convert back to the old Arlo app UI?

Unfortunately, you can not.

@Not-A-Fan wrote:

It does not record any videos or detect any motions, but I can still record manually. Reset/restart/power cycle the cameras and home base station several times. 

Did you check the rules in the three modes?  (Making sure the rules for the Pro cameras are there, and that they are set to record when motion is detected)?

Did you also try the motion detection test?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Not-A-Fan wrote:

can I convert back to the old Arlo app UI?

Unfortunately, you can not.

@Not-A-Fan wrote:

It does not record any videos or detect any motions, but I can still record manually. Reset/restart/power cycle the cameras and home base station several times. 

Did you check the rules in the three modes?  (Making sure the rules for the Pro cameras are there, and that they are set to record when motion is detected)?

Did you also try the motion detection test?

AtiBo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hallo, 

ich weiß nicht ob es das gleiche Problem ist aber auch ich habe ähnliche Probleme. In der Bibliothek sehe ich diverse Aufnahmen kann sie aber nicht abspielen lassen. Wenn ich auf Play drücke dreht sich nur die Sanduhr und das Video startet nicht. Habe die Basis bereits zurückgesetzt ohne Erfolg. Die Kameras zurückgesetzt ohne Erfolg. Ich weiß nicht mehr weiter. 

LG aus Hessen 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@AtiBo 

I have escalated this for you and support should be reaching out as soon as possible. 

Not-A-Fan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. It’s work now. A feature hidden in the new UI upgrade.