Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - Computer Application Timeout while monitoring your home!!!!!!!

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
xp24xp25
Aspirant
Aspirant

The fact that the Arlo computer application times out after a couple of minutes is a serious issue because it has nothing to do with the batteries in the cameras its a matter of being able to have the ability to continually monitor my home. For example, I have my cameras on a time schedule and would like to have the ability to walk into my office and see either live monitoring or have the ability to click on a camera that is idle and turn it on in an instant giving me the ability to have real time monitoring. The fact that the computer application times out every two minutes cause me to not see what is going on around my house, but also cause me to have to log back in every time I want to monitor my home. NOT GOOD

The lack of the ability to maintain a visual sight of my home at all times is cause for me (and I believe others) to consider alternative security systems that provide  continual VISUAL monitoring!!!!!

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@xp24xp25 wrote:

The fact that the Arlo computer application times out after a couple of minutes is a serious issue because it has nothing to do with the batteries in the cameras

Of course you can just select the camera using the phone app (though I do get that you want to do this on the PC).

While I think the browser timeout should be longer (and settable), I don't understand why you think continuous video monitoring has nothing to do with the batteries. When on battery power, it isn't practical for the cameras to stream video 24/7.