Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Alarm, trigger on loss of internet connection

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
abcarr711
Follower
Follower

With the alarm on the Arlo Pro, can that be triggered if internet connection is lost? 

I know this could not be done remotely with no connectivity, the question is, can the alarm default to go off if the connection issevered?

My biggest concern with all of these cloud based systems, including Arlo, is if my internet connection is severed, nothing goes to the cloud.  Even with the potential for a thumb drive on the Arlo Pro base, if the base is stolen or the thumb drive stolen during a break in, all video is lost.

If the alarm can be triggered with the loss of the internet signal, it may deter theifs if the alarm is heard, not knowing if it is a monitored alarm system or not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The siren cannot be set to trigger due to loss of internet connection. However, if local storage is enabled and a mode containing a trigger for the siren is active at the time the internet connection is lost, a camera can trigger motion detection and the siren without an internet connection.

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

That's something I haven't tested... maybe JamesC would know or Jeff will chime in and test it

( I just pulled the pro base down here to move things around )

But as an educated guess, since the PRO base can record local ( if setup prior ) to a usb drive with internet lost, don't see why the same trigger event wouldn't fire off the siren ( since it's self contained too )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
While I haven't explicitly tested it, I lost Internet several days ago and have rebooted the router with no siren.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The siren cannot be set to trigger due to loss of internet connection. However, if local storage is enabled and a mode containing a trigger for the siren is active at the time the internet connection is lost, a camera can trigger motion detection and the siren without an internet connection.

JamesC