Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 (XL) batteries draining after firmware update

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
IZZY21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 4 (XL) batteries draining after firmware update.

My Arlo system has been great.  However, since the last firmware update, my camera have gone from lasting 2-6 months per charge, to 10-18 days between charge.  This is a problem.  I have 6 Pro 4 XLs affected.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try reinserting all batteries to see if that helps. I believe some folks have had success by removing the cameras from their account and reinstalling as new. Try that on one camera to test.

IZZY21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  I tried over ten seperate possible remediations from the discussions (including your suggestion). 

I may be scrapping them all (and the wired doorbell one).  Sad that something that has been giving great operarional service (and not at a low cost) is failing due to messed up firmware or intentional 'kills' like some cellphone companies have been caught doing.  And with the difficulty in speaking to to anyone at Arlo Support...sad. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be due to excessive recordings with <5 minutes per day being the spec. If you're using Smart notifications, try disabling them so you get a true sense of how many recordings are made per day so you can add them up.