Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2 locations, different networks

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TheMayor207
Tutor
Tutor

Does anyone know how how to send push notifications from 2 locations to the same device.

i have 2 setups, and somehow id like to link them under the same account. Since email alerts are gone, i need all notifications available. 

can anyone help me make this happen?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TheMayor207 wrote:

i have 2 setups, and somehow id like to link them under the same account.

The friend account feature is one way to get there (sharing the cameras in each account to the other).

TheMayor207
Tutor
Tutor

It’s bringing me to a page asking for subscriptions. I’m not trying to pay Arlo another dime after they removed email alerts, causing this nonsense. I just want my alerts to come to one device without needing to log into multiple accounts for multiple locations. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TheMayor207 wrote:

I just want my alerts to come to one device without needing to log into multiple accounts for multiple locations. 

The friend account feature will do that, and it does NOT require a subscription.  You do need the same user interface in both accounts.  So both would need to show "Feed" and "Dashboard", or both would need to show "Library".

If you have 5 or fewer unsubscribed cameras (combined count at both locations), then you could also migrate your interface to "Feed", and consolidate your cameras+hubs into a single account.  "Feed" explicitly supports multiple locations.  It has some drawbacks (no custom modes is a big one.  Folks also are struggling with scheduling and geofencing).  Also if you ever get  a subscription you'd need one for each location.

Kathy57
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I have tried to add my husband to access the cameras in two different locations and have successfully changed/upgraded his arlo app to show Feed versus Library but now he can no longer view the cameras from the other location.  And the only way I can access the other camera's is to long into two (2) separate accounts.  Is it because I am not the administrator on the other property that is giving me such trouble?

Do I need the other users at the other property to also upgrade to "Feed" versus library in order for us to see the cameras in the other location?

Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kathy57 wrote:

Do I need the other users at the other property to also upgrade to "Feed" versus library in order for us to see the cameras in the other location?

Yes. All the accounts that are sharing cameras with you (and your husband) need to be migrated to "Feed".