Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trying to reinstall cameras but they are not found

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Arlonothappy
Tutor
Tutor

Bought  5 cameras in April irate now end of October only 2 cameras are working zero response from Arlo and the phone line goes to hold then disconnects the call after about 10 mins 

very very unhappy having spent money on these caneras

has anyone got any contacts even a management contact at Arlo to talk to I am now instructeing ombudsman and fraud office to investigate and take action 

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you able to provide details here about what issue you're experiencing? We may be able to assist here on the community.

JamesC

Arlonothappy
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks James I deleted the 3 non working cameras 

- charged battery in each one

- tried to reinstall camera one at a time

- the camera read the QR code and then the next step was ‘looking for camera’ after 39-45/ second a message details ‘unable to find camera’

looking at various support posts in the Arlo website it details try and link to the WiFi on 2.4 hz rather than 5 

I don’t seem to have the option to do that on the broadband router it doesn’t give me a choice. 

when I first installed the cameras there was absolutely no issue at all joining the WiFi and it’s the same WiFi set up nothing has changed on that 

thanks for your help in the meantime if you have any ideas!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

What issue were you experiencing that indicated the cameras were not working (before you decided to remove them)?

You may need to fully charge the cameras and then factory reset each of them before attempting to individually re-onboard. Follow the instructions here to complete the factory reset: 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062880/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera-Arlo-Secure-4-0

JamesC

Arlonothappy
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks James I will try again the factory reset I did part.y do it I but will look into more tomorrow and I’ll let you know

Arlonothappy
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James 

the link is the same process I followed to reset the camera after reading the QR code and the blue light is flashing the screen details ‘looking for camera’ after about a minute screen says unable to find camera 

I saw a reference to try and connect the camera to the WiFi hub with a Lane type connection but how it is this possible with no socket of that type on the camera….

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlonothappy wrote:

I saw a reference to try and connect the camera to the WiFi hub with a LAN type connection but how it is this possible with no socket of that type on the camera….

No.  If you had a compatible Arlo base, then the base would be connected with ethernet.  But not the camera.

On troubleshooting - there are three basic steps to the onboarding

1. get the wifi credentials to the camera via the QR code
  2. get the camera to join your home wifi network
  3. get the camera added into your Arlo account

I suggest that you start by confirming that (2) has completed successfully after the QR chime. 

Do that by browsing to your router's admin page, and seeing if the camera camera shows up in your router's attached device list.  (if you have a lot of devices on the network, it might be helpful to take a screenshot before you add the camera).