Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sharing Access Not Working between App versions

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
warpedale
Follower
Follower

My father and I have separate Arlo accounts.  I have set up cameras at two of his homes and have cameras set up at my own home.  Previously, I had been able to see the cameras at this home (Pro 4) on my app via granted access.  After setting up some new Arlo Pro 5 cameras at his other home, it appears that the app experience has been updated for him, whereas my cameras have the old app experience.  This experience alternates when I log in to the different account from the same iPhone, so it's using the same app software but showing different experiences (see screenshots attached).  I have granted access to his account for my cameras and vice versa, but neither of them are showing up.  It's pretty important that I have access to notifications and his camera through my app without having to log off and on the different apps.  My father is elderly and I've thankfully been able to use the cameras to communicate with emergency services in the past.  What has happened so this no longer works?  It seems that the new camera versions we installed on his home (Pro 5) have updated his experience to the new 4.0 experience but the older cameras I have (Pro 4) have kept me in the old experience.  How can this be fixed.  I've looked at the support article on updating to the new experience and it hasn't helped me.  

02_AppExperience.PNG01_AppExperience.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

You need to both have the same User interface for friends sharing to work. Unfortunately once changed you can’t revert back. Both UI are currently supplied in the arlo app so you will need to force the change to the new UI by fake installing the arlo pro5 Camera.

I would not recommend upgrading until you have read the numerous threads here and elsewhere about the poor user interface feedback.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@warpedale wrote:

It seems that the new camera versions we installed on his home (Pro 5) have updated his experience to the new 4.0 experience but the older cameras I have (Pro 4) have kept me in the old experience.  How can this be fixed.  I've looked at the support article on updating to the new experience and it hasn't helped me.  

Go into "add device" in your account, and start to add a Pro 5s camera.  (You don't need to actually have the camera, you are essentially pretending to on-board it).   While the process obviously can't be completed, you will be migrated to "Feed".

As @DannyBearAgain says, there is no going back to "Library" once you've done this.  There are some signficant changes (and some issues) - the big one being that there are no custom modes with "Feed".