Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
xdiver
Follower
Follower

Pro 5s 2k battery issues.  I have to charge my camera every week.  I have turned off all the high battery draining features and still have to constantly charge it.   I purchased it new from arlo 3 months ago.  I have several other compatible arlo cameras and they are doing fine.

Does anyone else have similar issue with the pro 5s 2k?  Does the warranty cover a defective battery?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, it does but first you need to determine if it's the camera/battery or the location. Move it closer to your hub or router to see whether the battery drain improves.

burgr86
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same Issue here, and it's all of a sudden.  NOTHING, I mean NOTHING, repeat NOTHING has changed, not the location, not the programming, not the number of notifications and recordings which are very very few.  The only thing I suppose has changed is the firmware updates.  I've had these cameras for 8 months and would hold a charge for 3 to 4 months, now it's less than 2 weeks.  NOTHING at my end has changed.  It has a strong signal.  I don't have this issue with the 4's, just the 5's and I do not use a base station.  All on WIFI.  Something is draining my batteries or I have a bunch of batteries that were fine, and now suddenly are no good.  That's unlikely.  I suspect it's the firmware.  Firmware can cause issues, Apple has had firmware issues on Iphones with battery drain.  They fixed it quickly.

Caementarius
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here, and just recently. Recharged battery on Saturday, same location it has been for over a year - no problems until this week. Recharged battery to 100% - CAMERA NOT ON SINCE - yet battery down to 34% IN LESS THAN THREE DAYS on non-use!

Bozz22
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three Pro3 cameras installed since 2021 and have been happy with the battery life of 2 to 3 months.

Battery life has suddenly reduced dramatically to 2 to 3 weeks without any change to settings. Now a real pain. Camera firmware version is 1.030.13.0_23_19c4503.

Any thoughts?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Rebooting the hub may help. ALso move the hub away from the router. Look for a new or moved wireless device that uses the 2.4GHz band that may be near the hub since it could be interfering with the signal to the cameras.

Caementarius
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE .... following advice of Arlo tech to recharge once more, the camera kicked in and back to normal.  I ensured firmware was up-to-date, charger was original charger that came with set-up (have a lot of similar chargers around) and moving to different location to charge, placed camera in same place and no problems since.

Jlkincaid
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have the same issue, I was told to contact support. Having used other Arlo cameras for several years without this issue, I’m believe the batteries are inferior.