Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Arlo-help2
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC
I have two pro 5 cameras that are connected to WIFI and to solar panels.  The battery in both cameras have gone from 100% to 60% in 24 hours. One camera has had 2 motion recordings and the other hadn’t had any.  You can’t “live view” on either camera.  When you try to live view it just says connecting and doesn’t time out.  I tried turn off the cameras by toggling the button but the camera won’t turn off.  I have three other Pro 5 cameras that are connected to the base station and on solar panels that are staying charged at 99-100%. You can live view on the pro 5’s connected to the base station and turn these cameras on and off.  So these issue are only affecting the cameras connected directly to WIFI. I know Arlo is currently having issues with live view on the Pro 5 but it says nothing about Arlo having issues with battery drain or the ability to turn off the camera.  All of the pro 5’s have the same firmware whether connected to wifi or the base station.  ((1.040.27.10_105_2477521)

Should I try a restart for each camera from the app before the battery runs all the way down?  Just concerned if I do a restart it won’t reconnect since it seem to be an issue for the pro 5 connected to WIFI instead of the base station. (My wifi is good with a strong signal….one camera is on the other side of the wall from the wifi connection)

probably going to take these cameras down and manually charge them before the battery runs all the way down.  

Is Arlo aware and working on a fix to these issues? I am not the only one with these issues 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're aware that some users may have experienced issues onboarding and live streaming to their Essential 2nd Generation, Pro 5 and Security System devices. Our team has worked to resolve those issues and you should now be able to proceed with onboarding and live streaming your device. We recommend charging your camera for at least 30 minutes before starting the onboarding process.

If you are still having difficulty getting your device connected or accessing your device’s live stream, please contact us through the Support tab in your Arlo Secure App (under Settings) to reach an authorized Arlo Customer Care expert or direct message us here with your Arlo account email address so we can follow-up with you directly.

We appreciate your patience while we worked to resolve these issues and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

-Arlo Team

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

We're aware that some users may have experienced issues onboarding and live streaming to their Essential 2nd Generation, Pro 5 and Security System devices. Our team has worked to resolve those issues and you should now be able to proceed with onboarding and live streaming your device. We recommend charging your camera for at least 30 minutes before starting the onboarding process.

If you are still having difficulty getting your device connected or accessing your device’s live stream, please contact us through the Support tab in your Arlo Secure App (under Settings) to reach an authorized Arlo Customer Care expert or direct message us here with your Arlo account email address so we can follow-up with you directly.

We appreciate your patience while we worked to resolve these issues and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

-Arlo Team

20 REPLIES 20
SmakMyBishup
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased the arlo 5s 2k everything was working great...now I have issues with the live streaming. I have reinstalled,did software,hardware and firmware upgrades. The live streaming will work for a few hours and then nothing. I click on the play button and nothing happens but I still get notifications when the camera picks up movement. I have the camera hardwired for power and also have the camera connected to 2.4 and 5.0Ghz. I feel like I have a faulty product hopefully something can be done these cameras are not cheap.

seans23
Aspirant
Aspirant

All 3 of mine just started the same thing this morning. Is there any word from arlo yet?

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

@seans23 wrote:

All 3 of mine just started the same thing this morning. Is there any word from arlo yet?

They claim it's fixed (https://status.arlo.com/?cid=a&cid=a) but clearly it is not.  I have the same issues as you two are having.  I still can't live stream.

burgr86
Apprentice
Apprentice

Interesting, mine did the same.  I charged them back to 30% at one home to see how long this would hold as they were literally dead.  Within 5 minutes I got a notification again that my batteries were critically low.    I have two homes.   three in one home, and one in my other home that's not on power,  all 4 today were almost completely dead and were almost fully charged just a few days ago.  Arlo, you have a problem, something is draining these batteries.  Mine all have a very strong signal and all are on WIFI.  I can't for a second believe all of us posting about this suddenly have a weak signal.

burgr86
Apprentice
Apprentice

Where does it say its fixed, can't find it.  All I see is onboarding issues fixed.

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

@burgr86 wrote:
Where does it say its fixed, can't find it.  All I see is onboarding issues fixed.

Here: https://status.arlo.com/?cid=a&cid=a

We are still having intermittent issues where some customers from the US region are not able to onboard Essential-2, Pro5 Cameras, and Home Security System and live-streaming issues. We are working on resolving this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

This incident has been resolved.

@burgr86
burgr86
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok, yes, I see they claimed it resolved, I meant to say, the link doesn't talk about battery drain that I can see.  So frustrating that it's issue after issue after issue with this company.

seans23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks- i agree it literally just started out of the bkue this am- sounds like a firmware issue

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

@burgr86 wrote:

Ok, yes, I see they claimed it resolved, I meant to say, the link doesn't talk about battery drain that I can see.  So frustrating that it's issue after issue after issue with this company.

Sorry, you're correct.  I haven't found anything addressing the battery drain issue.  3 of mine on solar are currently dead after 4 hours from last night.

burgr86
Apprentice
Apprentice

exactly right, my cameras were almost fully charged and were literally dead this morning.  All in a day.

burgr86
Apprentice
Apprentice

Here's another hint Arlo.  One of my 5's was sending me motion notifications even though the camera is on standby and no motion should be detected. I restarted my camera and it stopped.  Not sure if related or not as this particular camera is plugged in, but issues abound with firmware these days.

burgr86
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just looked as I too have on on Solar panel, it is usually always at 100%, currently at 37% so It's not keep up, and I suspect eventually will lose the charging battle.  I'll keep an eye on it to see how long it can hold out.

kandbcollins
Initiate
Initiate

Same here - I'm still on the 30 day trial and had the same question.  Then I found that the service is down: https://status.arlo.com/

I've been unable to contact Arlo support other than the (useless) chatbot.  

dcdeforest
Star
Star

I just got my cameras properly working again - I removed them and re-added them to the account. Everything seems to be working now, and Arlo has updated their status page here - https://status.arlo.com/ - you may give this a go.

kandbcollins
Initiate
Initiate

Same here - working again - likely that the fix referenced on their status page did the trick.  I didn't have to remove/re-add anything.

(FWIW - this was affecting my doorbell.  I didn't notice that I was in "Arlo Pro 5S" when I found the first post.   )

Arlo-help2
Apprentice
Apprentice

So in the last couple of hours the “live view” is now working and you can turn the camera on and off on my Pro 5 cameras connected to wifi and to a solar panel.   I have one camera that charged from 50-85% on solar panel then it got cloudy.  The other camera charges for a little while and went from 40%-53% then it got cloudy.  I have not done anything with the camera….no restart or taking down and charging manually.  The battery doesnt seem to still be losing a charge but hard to tell….I will see how it does overnight.  Hopefully Arlo has fixed the battery drain along with the other issues…..

What are you seeing with your cameras

seans23
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have my 3 Pro 5 cams finally charged to 99% and have them back outside. I can now shut all 3 off ( before one wouldn’t turn off). Fingers crossed I don’t wake up to all 3 below 10% again. Arlo has not commented as to why.

Arlo-help2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Glad they are working for you as well.  Solar panels are slow to charge as they are a trickle charger.  I may have to manually charge my camera that is at 53%

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

-Arlo Team

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks to you and the team getting these back up and working again.