Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does the Pro 5S have Homekit support?

Discussion stats
jonathanw55
Guide
Guide

Does the Pro 5S have Homekit support?  If so, what is required? 

Due to the EOL policy, I upgraded a couple of original Pro cameras and got the latest and greatest Pro 5S.  I currently have a couple of Pro 3 cameras and an Essential Indoor camera tied to my Apple Homekit.  However, I can't seem to get Homekit to recognize my Pro 5S. 

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The Base Station/SmartHub firmware to allow for AVD2001 and Pro 5S2K HomeKit integration is still in slow rollout. They delays have been due to issues that were discovered early in the slow rollout phase that are currently being resolved by the development team. We expect the firmware to be available to all users soon but I do not have a date available at this time. I will provide another update here on the community once I have more information available to share.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The Base Station/SmartHub firmware that will allow HomeKit compatibility for Pro 5S 2K and Arlo Wire-Free Video Doorbells is still in slow rollout, so not all users have the firmware yet. We expect this firmware to be available to everyone very soon. I will continue to provide updates as soon as I have more information to share.

We apologize for any inconvenience this delay has caused.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

We understand HomeKit integration for AVD2001 (Wire-free video doorbell) and Pro 5S 2K is a highly anticipated post-release feature for many Arlo customers. We expect HomeKit integration for both AVD2001 and Pro 5S 2K cameras to be available before the end of 2023. I will provide an update here on the community as we receive more information.

Thanks,

JamesC

104 REPLIES 104
jonathanw55
Guide
Guide

I’m in the US.  I have a VMB4000 base station.

The firmware is now

1.23.00_4353_f8a2b18

QuintusPre
Luminary
Luminary

I have both the VMB4000 and VMB4500 and both are at firmware 1.21.xxxxx. I’m in Canada.

You are definitely ahead of the pack!

I guess the rollout is happening but just very very slowly.

ColumbineIndust
Initiate
Initiate

Hi! I have puchased two Arlo Pro 5S cameras and the Base Station (VMB4540r3; 1.21.1.0_1399_9611cf3) - I managed to create a bridge by clicking on HomeKit selection in the Base Station's settings but the cameras are still not showing up. Please advise how to fix?

Mflocks
Star
Star

Unfortunately there is no fix. This is the problem being discussed in this forum. They have lied to people saying it’s coming for 18 months. It  hasn’t 

Jgosselin
Star
Star

This is very disapointing. On top of that, my camera are going crazy for the past 3 weeks getting 2-3 notifications at the time. As a result, since i have 3 cameras facing the front of my house, each day when i go outside my 3 cameras are sending multiple notifications which stop the basestation to work. I have to reboot the basestation. Went from 1 time every 2 days not up to 4 times a day i need to reboot. If i send a request for help, they will say please wait for the newer app update or they will say please reboot… TIME CONSUMING!!! My wife is very upset and asked me to entirely remove the Arlo system. Spent over 3000$ on that system (supposed to be one of the best) and now ive been asked to remove the entire camera system. It all started with pro5 not connecting to my homekit. PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Im tired to complaint and nobody really listen the need our their customers. A business exist because they have customers… No customer, No business. Ive been in retail for the past 25 years and manage above 20 stores with thousands of employees. When your customers are your neighbor, do whats right. This is what the owner of the company i work for always said and he was 100% right.

Jgosselin
Star
Star

Apologize for the english typo, i live in Canada/Quebec. 🙂

Mflocks
Star
Star

Below may help on the notifications front. Tap or click the pencil icon next to the rule that you want to set up notifications for. Under Alert, select the check box next to Push Notification to receive push notifications on your mobile device. To receive email alerts, select the Email Alerts check box.

Jgosselin
Star
Star

Hello and thanks for a quick reply. I dont want to remove notifications and dont want to have thse sent out ot my email. I just want the smart notification to work properly. It was working fine couple weeks ago and now its going crazy. There are no pencil icon as well.

evenaga
Guide
Guide

Good afternoon. In Spain it is 03/10/2024, and we still do not have the desired HomeKit support for Arlo Pro5S. I find it “curious” that only one person on the forum has received the new software, and the little explanation he has given… only with that has the topic thread been resolved??? Arlo seems like a not very serious company to me, I have already canceled my subscription plans and written a review on Amazon about the lies about their camera. I think the company is deceiving us, we have been waiting for a year and a half

ColumbineIndust
Initiate
Initiate

Fingers crossed Arlo rolls out the update to the rest of the users soon or might be forced to explore alternative options! I am in New Zealand.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Base Station/SmartHub firmware to allow for AVD2001 and Pro 5S2K HomeKit integration is still in slow rollout. They delays have been due to issues that were discovered early in the slow rollout phase that are currently being resolved by the development team. We expect the firmware to be available to all users soon but I do not have a date available at this time. I will provide another update here on the community once I have more information available to share.

JamesC

Arlouseruser
Tutor
Tutor

This is a variation on a theme Arlo has been saying for years (literally). Arlo is stringing people along. Don’t be fooled by their ‘coming soon’ messaging.

Arlouseruser
Tutor
Tutor

welcome to Arlo. 

evenaga
Guide
Guide

Buenas noches. 
Creo que el esfuerzo que me supone a mí traducir este mensaje es mayor que el que está dedicando Arlo a la integración de la cámara PRO 5 en el sistema HomeKit.

Hoy es día 21 de abril del 2024, y hace meses que se nos prometió algo por que ya hemos pagado.

La integración con Home Kit a través de la Base Arlo se encontraba descrita en las características de la cámara cuando la compré.
Esta empresa me parece una desfachatez, anulo mi suscripción.

Un saludo

Sealey
Guide
Guide

Hello, I have read through this thread and realize that this is exactly the problem. I am facing right now. Does anyone know what the firmware version is needed on the base station to make the pro 5S work in HomeKit?

I am including my base station information below. When I check to see if there is a firmware version to be updated, it says my version is the most up-to-date.

IMG_2988.png

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The base station/SmartHub firmware that includes HomeKit support for Arlo Pro 5S 2K can be referenced here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes?cid=a

While this firmware was significantly delayed, this release has resumed and we expect the firmware to be available to all users by May 9th. Once the firmware is available in your region, your system will automatically download and update to the latest version.

JamesC

Sealey
Guide
Guide

Thank you, James. This is very helpful. I also called your support line there at Arlo support. The people I spoke to there claimed that there is no solution available. So, you may want to speak with the support team and update them on this solution. Again, thank you very much for your help. 

Mflocks
Star
Star

Today is the 9th. Has the firmware been rolled out to all “regions”?

Canadensis
Star
Star

Nothing in Canada yet. 

JimBT
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got the update on one of my base stations but not the other. So maybe they’re halfway there?

Canadensis
Star
Star

What country are you in?

Mflocks
Star
Star

USA

evenaga
Guide
Guide

Good afternoon. As always, happiness with ARLO is never complete… one of my base hubs has already been updated to version 1.24, with HomeKit compatibility. but the other one I have, exactly the same as the previous one, has not been updated yet…. We have to wait a little longer, but hey, it seems that they are finally keeping their promises. Let's see if it's true. The base was updated in Spain on 05/09/24, I hope the other one does it soon. After the update, the cameras have been automatically detected by the Apple Home app, I have not had to do anything at all.

QuintusPre
Luminary
Luminary

Good to hear! Nothing in Canada yet and I have two base stations, VMB4000 and VMB4500.

I guess the rollout is going slower than anticipated.

Mflocks
Star
Star

Yes definitely slower than expected. By about a year and a lot of fairy tails they keep telling people.