Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

What is the current firmware on these cameras?  After the June firmware update fiasco, I have had my 3 cameras randomly go blank with the red ! mark saying there is a firmware update.  Edit:  I should add that only one camera at a time required firmware updates.  All 3 originally updated in June.

My current firmwares show:

1 - 1.040.27.5_55_b4f750a

2 - 1.040.27.4_48_e6ca6b3

3 - 1.040.27.4_48_e6ca6b3

Camera #2 went offline today with a firmware "update".  Unfortunately, I didn't grab the version number before it updated.

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can always check here:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes

There's a new table of all releases so you don't have to search as before.

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

Great!  Anyone know how to force the cameras to use the newest firmware?  Someone made the brilliant decision to make these cameras go stupid when it thinks there's a firmware update.  As you can see from my original post, two of mine aren't on the current firmware but won't update.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jfencl,

Generally, firmware updates will complete automatically overnight. If yours aren't, make sure the batteries are fully charged and the cameras have good signal strength. You might want to temporarily bring the cameras close to your SmartHub/router to see if that allows the firmware updates to complete.

JamesC

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

The batteries are at full and all have a strong signal.

What's weird is that all 3 supposedly updated the firmware back in June when everyone was having issues.  I didn't check the firmware version, though.

Monday, the second camera listed showed a firmware update so I started the process but obviously it didn't update nor is it now showing an update is available.  This same thing happened before with one of the other cameras a few weeks ago.

What is so annoying about all of this is these cameras go stupid when they think there's a firmware update.  They basically stop working altogether and just show a red ! mark over the video.  No alerts either.  You just have to figure it out somehow.

Joseph17
Apprentice
Apprentice

The cameras shouldn't suddenly quit working by forcing us to accept the update. If the old version is working "good enough" that should be at my option to keep it as is. Or at least keep working until I decide to fuss with the freckin update. Getting the red exclamation point thing is the kiss of death.

Suppose I'm out of town on vacation expecting the cameras to be working, but suddenly they're dead until the update completes. And or I got to get back home to screw with the thing?

Barc
Luminary
Luminary

I don't think that table is up to date.  It says the latest firmware for the Pro 4 is 1.080.20.0_17_1a8a9cf released on July 3, 2023.  Isn't that the faulty firmware that was rolled back?

My Pro 4s have 1.080.19.2_40_a462be1 after the previous firmware was rollback and it says "No updates available".

Barc
Luminary
Luminary

They've updated it now to show the correct Pro 4 firmware.

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

One of my cameras updated sometime after I posted the original message.  The last one just now updated.  There's literally no rhyme or reason as to how it decides to do it.  I was going to bring them inside this weekend if they hadn't updated.

And to reiterate, it is absolutely stupid to have them go dumb until the firmware update is done.  Whoever decided that it is how they work has earned my undying hatred.  Only slight sarcasm here...