Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't find products in the Arlo Secure app

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
shbyun
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI,

I purchased several Arlo products to test out its' features. However, I simply cannot find the product in the Arlo Secure app's device addition page. 

The product I purchased are as follows:

- Arlo Pro 5S 2K

- Arlo Video Doorbell 2nd Gen

- Arlo Essential Indoor Camera 2nd Gen

I'm located in Republic of Korea(South). I have tried VPN, US play store accounts, iOS accounts locales, but the app just would not show those products I purchased. Is there any way to try these products here?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@shbyun wrote:

- Arlo Pro 5S 2K

I suspect they aren't sold in Korea - which is why they aren't shown in the app.

If you can create a test account in the US (using a VPN terminating in the US), you should then be able to add the cameras to the test account.  Note you only use the VPN to create the account.  I think the payment method would also need to be US, so after the trial expires you might also need to add a US payment method.

Don't enter a home address when you set up the camera location.  If you leave it out, you'll be able to set the timezone as desired.  And a Korean address might also not work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@shbyun wrote:

- Arlo Pro 5S 2K

I suspect they aren't sold in Korea - which is why they aren't shown in the app.

If you can create a test account in the US (using a VPN terminating in the US), you should then be able to add the cameras to the test account.  Note you only use the VPN to create the account.  I think the payment method would also need to be US, so after the trial expires you might also need to add a US payment method.

Don't enter a home address when you set up the camera location.  If you leave it out, you'll be able to set the timezone as desired.  And a Korean address might also not work.

shbyun
Aspirant
Aspirant

Worked like a charm! Thank you so much for your input!