Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera won't connect

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
al17
Follower
Follower

hello, i have gotten a arlo Pro 5S 2K spotlight camera kit of three cameras.    one camera has connected.    the other two won’t connect at all.   i have tried so many different things nothing is working.     i insert a battery, the blinking blue light doesn’t come on, so i press the sync button.   blue blinking light comes on.   i scan the QR code.    so now my app is looking for cameras, and then my blue light turns off completely and says no cameras can be found 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Try holding down sync until the camera flashes amber 3x (about 15 seconds).  When it switches to blue, try "add device" again.

Kimmel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried multiple times to get my 5s cameras to connect to the WiFi both on android and iOS nothing working it will chime I click

continue and it won’t find my cameras.  What a waste of 599.99

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kimmel wrote:

I have tried multiple times to get my 5s cameras to connect to the WiFi both on android and iOS nothing working it will chime I click

continue and it won’t find my cameras.  What a waste of 599.99

Did you try the reset (holding down sync until the camera LED flashes amber)?

Also, I suggest you also try a PC (browsing to my.arlo.com).

The WiFi should be set to use WPA2 (AES) encryption.  If you are using unusual characters (accents) or punctuation in the network name or password, then try removing those.