Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo SD Smart Hub

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
FPC-DrCL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Very frustrating that I have to resort to creating a discussion to attempt to resolve an issue that we are experiencing with the SD Smart Hub. 

We are attempting to use the local recording feature on x2 smart hubs, the SD cards are installed, formatted and working, we can see that recordings are being recorded on these due to the used storage space increasing. We are unable to access these recordings within the App on IOS and Web browser. there is no library area to view theses and the only other section that might allow this within the app is the FEED area which just presents a subscription message. All the settings are correct to enable local recording. We have reached out to Arlo and just received a generic response with things to try and they have been silent since this. These steps did not resolve our issue, we have logged various tickets since with no response! there isn't even a contact number anywhere for us to attempt calling. Ongoing issue for a few weeks now! 

purchased x2 smart hubs, x2 sd cards and the Arlo Pro 5 cameras, solar panels and additional power cables! The hubs are no use to us if we are unable to access local recordings. 

4 REPLIES 4
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

In the previous UI, i.e. containing Library, recordings from the local storage area were displayed there. In the new UI, i.e. the one with Feed, which is what you have, these are accessible, too, but one has to perform more operations to access them: go to Devices, select the Hub, then go to Storage Settings, and that's where they are. You must be connected to the same network as your smart hubs to view them. However, since you're using two SD cards, I don't know whether recordings take place on both cards simultaneously, or whether this depends on whether a camera is connected to a specific hub (for example, camera A is connected to hub x, while camera B is connected to hub y; recordings from camera A, but not those from camera B, are available on the SD card connected to hub x only, and vice versa). Someone with more experience/knowledge needs to clarify that.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Each hub only records videos from the cameras attached to it. Thus, you need to view the individual hubs to see recordings from the cameras attached to it. There's no way to see them together.

FPC-DrCL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Each Hub are at different locations on different networks with x2 cameras connected to each. The issue we are experiencing is that the application will not allow us to view these within the feed area as you would expect due to the subscription feature message that is presented, which doesn't allow you to progress further. Settings for local storage are correct, (this area is very limited on what you can adjust) and the cameras are recording as storage on the SD Cards is being used/ increasing.  

We previously had a subscription which was cancelled when deciding to move to local storage instead, which I think could be the cause with the issue we are facing at the moment regarding accessing the recordings via the feed area and with the message that is presented. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't use Feed to view local recordings. You must use the various hubs' Storage Settings to view them. You must also be on the local network to see them - if you're remote you must use either port forwarding and a router VPN to provide the access. Click on the Local Storage Settings to see that message.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062817/How-do-I-view-videos-saved-on-local-storage-Arlo-Secure-4-0

Also, this only works on the app, not the web client.