Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 5S CVR

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
1Scott-
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have the Arlo Pro 5S....Want to add CVR to my cameras.   It does not give me that option.   How can I add CVR to my cameras?   Can I not add it?

8 REPLIES 8
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Does the pro5 camera connected to a base/hub?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DannyBearAgain wrote:

Does the pro5 camera connected to a base/hub?

Not sure if you are asking if it can be, or if it is.

It is compatible with hubs, and if it is connected through a hub and is AC powered then CVR is available.

@1Scott- do you have the pro5s connected to a hub?  Is it powered with AC (not solar)?

1Scott-
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do not have the HUB.  Why do I need it?   Just says better reception to the internet and longer battery life.    How does it help with CVR?   I’m confused.  Argh…..

1Scott-
Aspirant
Aspirant

ahhh CVR is only available with the hub.   What does the hub do?   Is it a hard drive?   Only says better connection to the internet and battery life. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@1Scott- ,

Only arlo knows why you need the hub.

If I were to guess it provides buffering to the CVR stream during heavy internet traffic.

1Scott-
Aspirant
Aspirant

LOL

Arlo is the only one who knows hahaha but yes buffet for 2k video  is a good guess.   

1Scott-
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey there!

Have the Arlo Pro 5S with VMB5000 hub.   Want to add CVR.  When I try to add a CVR plan no plan is available.  See attached pic.  Thoughts?

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 8.55.37 PM.png

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Can’t see the attached picture until a arlo moderator vets it.

Can you confirm the pro5 is externally powered with the Ac adapter? Not a solar panel.