Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 5S Pro Battery Life

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jlkincaid
Aspirant
Aspirant

I realize this is one more post of many regarding the poor battery life of the 5S Pro.  We just bought these cameras at Christmas, so they have only been up for a little over 1 week and we have already had to charge them twice.  We charged one of the cameras last night to 100%, the system was “armed for home” so it was not used all night, and in 12 hours the battery has dropped by 25% - and it was never triggered on all night.  I have done and checked everything recommended - I have changed the cameras to best battery life, they have a good WiFi connection, and I have set activity zones.  Bottom line, these batteries are inferior (junk) and do not hold a charge.  We also use our old cameras the Pro 2 and those batteries last at least a month, sometimes longer.  

When we decided to add more cameras we chose the Pro 5S because I read the 2’s will no longer be supported and believed the 5 was a better camera with a longer life battery.  We have gotten good use of the Pro 2 and believed the ARLO brand was best.  Had we known the batteries do not last a week on our new cameras we would not have bought them and to be honest we probably would have went with a different company.    

Please provide a honest fix to this issue, because there is obviously a major issue with everything I have read about these batteries.  Everyone who has purchased your cameras with these short life batteries spent a lot of time and money researching and choosing the right product for their homes, only to be very disappointed.  Please do not tell me to check my wifi and camera settings, that has already been done many times; the bottom line is these batteries are inferior and we deserve better.  Please let me know how ARLO is going to fix this for all of us. 

Thank you, 

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jlkincaid 

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to the Profile icon > Support Center > Select device > contact