Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

cameras offline?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pomme123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Woke up to all three cameras offline and when trying to connect blue flashes turn to orange and 2 red lights at the top and then sounds like the camera shuts off.

Anyone else have this issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pomme123
Aspirant
Aspirant

They’re directly connected to the WiFi I’ve removed them and tried the factory reset they just won’t connect at all anymore while in the app trying to find the camera it stops flashing blue and just flashes amber and shuts off. I’ve bought a hub to see if that’ll help

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @pomme123 

Are you still experiencing these symptoms?

pomme123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes unfortunately I think they’re either gone for good or my internet speed could be the problem because they don’t want to connect at all.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you made any adjustments to your router? Did you try rebooting your home router? What are your internet speeds?

pomme123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I’ve restarted it and it didn’t help we get around 500mbps. Do you know if having the smart hub would help in this situation?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@pomme123 wrote:

we get around 500mbps.

Is that the download speed?

The upload speed is the important number.

pomme123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry upload speed is around 10 to 12

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@pomme123 wrote:

Sorry upload speed is around 10 to 12

When a Pro 4 is streaming to the cloud, it uses about 2 mbps.  Three cameras take about 6 mbps if they were all capturing video at the same time. That could be a factor for occasional connectivity problems, but I don't think it fits your symptoms.

Do you use a smarthub?  Or are the cameras directly connected to your home wifi?

If you don't use a hub, then you could try removing one camera from your account, and then trying a factory reset (pressing the sync button inside the housing until the camera flashes amber 3 times - about 15 seconds).  Then try reinstalling that camera.

pomme123
Aspirant
Aspirant

They’re directly connected to the WiFi I’ve removed them and tried the factory reset they just won’t connect at all anymore while in the app trying to find the camera it stops flashing blue and just flashes amber and shuts off. I’ve bought a hub to see if that’ll help

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation