Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
babaluaye
Initiate
Initiate

the word choice Appears is good, because the devices only appear offline, but the aren’t. This happens all the time. I have 8 cameras, two base stations, and both are connected to HomeKit. 

For the most part they all work, but there are plenty of times when one or more just give me the Appears Offline. I have  done all of the suggested things, but none of it prevents it from happening. Every now and again it just shows up again. 

if someone wants to tell me that both of my base station and all 8 cameras have problems, then I really have to question the cameras quality. 

What I have to do is close the app and open the app again and again until finally it shows back up so I can click the play button. Then it’s a crap shoot. Hopefully after a few times it works, or I have to wait a few minutes and try again.

I also find it disappointing with HomeKit. Similar problem. Probably a second issue. It could be unrelated. I have tried deleting from HomeKit, and reconnecting everything, resending, and it changes nothing. Sometimes it will be there and work, sometimes it won’t. 

Seems that in both cases what works best is just keeping your fingers crossed the camera shows up.

In any case, besides just trying to life stream, the cameras at least “almost” always trigger and record, but not always. This seems to mostly be related to streaming live.

3 REPLIES 3
Bullrick
Initiate
Initiate

Same exact issue.   Newer pro 4, pro 5, etc.     Sometimes one will go out for days and it has to be reset.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@babaluaye 

Which version of the Arlo app do you have? The latest version is 4.11.2

Are you updated to the latest version iOS 17.3.1?

markos11
Tutor
Tutor

Same here, opened case which arlo probably closed because arlo support cases magically fix themselves after 7 days if you do not respond to arlo support about the irrelevant links they send you and add/remove advice followed by requesting screenshots and encrypted logs. 

Can I view the logs arlo wants me to send?  What is in the logs?

I do not need advice from the "gurus", thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation