Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMC4041P won't connect after changing router password

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tmankins
Aspirant
Aspirant

I changed my router password for security reasons and used the app to connect camera to router with the new password and it sees the QR code and chimes, but never connects to the camera.  I have 4 Pro 4's and one doorbell camera.  I do not have a hub and connect directly to router.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru
Tmankins
Aspirant
Aspirant

I  got the doorbell camera to work by just doing a "Connect Network" and following the prompts with the SSID and new password and it discovered the camera and started working.  On the Pro 4's, it would never find the camera so I decided to try "Remove Device" and then "Add New Device" and after entering in the SSID and new password, the App finds the camera, but then it looks for Firmware updates and fails that step and responds after a "Try again" prompt, that the device is not hooked up to the internet. I have removed the batteries for hours and put them back in to try setting them up as I did when they were new, but with the same results of finding the camera and then failing to update firmware and not connecting to the internet.  One thing I noticed is that when I "Remove Device" and then then install the battery at the prompt before reading the QR code, the blue light comes on for about 2 seconds and turns off and to progress with reading the QR code, I have to push the sync button for 15 seconds for the amber light to come on and then it will blink the blue light and read the QR code.  When new, when I put the battery in, the blue light blinked and would read the QR code without holding the sync button down.

Thanks for your help.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation