Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4540r4 & Arlo Pro4 disappeared

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PeetNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had x3 Pro4 cameras connected directly to WiFi, all was good.

I added a based station to access the stored videos directly rather than cloud as I cancelled my subscription (is this important).

I now find that cameras are disappearing and need to be regular re-added 

I know the wifi signal is fine and the port forwarding is all working, the network is not an issue.

It almost feels like since I stopped my subscription Arlo isn't happy with me and things are starting to fail - coincidence or paranoia ?

Presently out of the 3 cameras I can only see a max of 2

Also, I have another base station with x4 cameras as another property which are all working fine with port forwarding etc also with no subscription on the same account. 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not a subscription issue but I would suspect a WiFi connection issue with the hub and cameras. You can try moving the hub as far away from the router as practical to see if that helps but you may need to position the hub someplace else for a better connection. Also check for nearby 2.4GHz wireless devices that could be interfering with the signal.

PeetNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply.

Although people generally have connectivity issue with WiFi at the camera required locations their WiFi is generally good for me. I know this as I use a monitoring program that reports if TCP connecting is lost (uptime kuma if anyone is interested).

When this happened, I physically moved the cameras to the office area where the hub is located, all were sat within arm's reach, so am confident this is not related to connectivity.

I did see a message from the mobile Arlo app reporting that I had reached my camera limit and it does appear that if I remove camera A which would be 5/5 leaving 4/5 and then add back camera B then all is good.

To further check this theory out, I created a couple of Google accounts for each location and could add 3 to one location and 4 to the other that each have their own SamrtHub.

So my question still remains about any camera limit connected to a single account.

If this is shown not to have a limit I can regress and try once more.

I appreciate all your help and advice.

PeetNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have also noted this which supports your note about no camera limit

How many cameras are supported on my Arlo account?

"The amount of cameras supported on your Arlo account is unlimited with or without an Arlo Secure plan."

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's never been any mention of a limit per account. That doesn't mean there isn't some sort of upper limit but it has to be high relative to typical usage. I happen to have 19 devices shown on my account.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation