Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
fullback
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Arlo pro2 cameras and a VMB4000 base station. Have replaced 2 cameras with Pro4. Was told by Arlo that they would work with my base. But, after secure trial active ended the camera now says activity zones are currently disabled. No AC power. And it does not send activity to the library on the base station like it did before. I have tried all the Arlo suggestions, such as reboot the base station, remove battery from camera for 30 seconds, remove and reconnect camera to base station, etc. etc. etc.     

ANY IDEAS???

Just need new cameras to send activity to my free 7 day library, like pro2 cameras, and not have to purchase a subscription.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fullback
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the info. I was afraid that was going to be the solution. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@fullback wrote:

Just need new cameras to send activity to my free 7 day library, like pro2 cameras, and not have to purchase a subscription.

The pro 2 cameras were sold with 7 days of free cloud recording - which Arlo still provides for those cameras.

Arlo stopped offering that on new camera models back in 2018.  All currently sold cameras (including the Pro 4s) require a subscription to get cloud recording.  Activity zones when on battery power are also a subscription feature.

So while the cameras do work with your base, that does not give you recordings and activity zones.  That will require a subscription.

fullback
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the info. I was afraid that was going to be the solution. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation