Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Riverview26
Aspirant
Aspirant

Outdoor usage.  The Arlo Pro 4 has been working fine doing the Snapshot files and I believe the Recorded motion.  I usually do a download of these files.  Now, over the last few days, the results are Undefined JPG files and nothing to see.   

Any ideas?

30 REPLIES 30
Riverview26
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not had a chance to test my camera with the suggestion below,    

"Disconnect power, then open the camera housing and remove/reinsert the battery.  Ideally leave the battery out for 10-15 seconds.". 

Has anyone else tried this suggestion, and if so, what were the results?

The problem I initially indicated to start this chain is still happening with Snapshots and Manually Recorded motion. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

To look into this further can we get the following information?

1. Can we get a screenshot of the missing image?
  2. If the missing image is for a recording, is it also missing in recording list under the device card?

3. Do you have a subscription?
  4. Is the image missing or broken on the web interface?

5. Do we have a URL for any of the broken or missing images?
Hbrand
Aspirant
Aspirant

Scroll up and there is the blank image URL pointing right to Arlo.

Have no subscription 

Riverview26
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry for the delay in responding to your suggestion.  Finally tried it out today.  

YES, this solved the problem for Snapshot and Manual Recording motion when accessing the Arlo Pro 4 camera from the app on my Iphone.  Thank you!

BUT the problem still exists for Snapshot and Manual Recording motion initiated from my Microsoft computer.   Up until a couple of weeks ago, these functions worked just fine.   Any suggestions for this route of generating these types of user triggered actions from my computer?

Riverview26
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have there been any complete solution(s) to this problem of Snapshot and Manual Recording when using a Microsoft based computer, i.e. a blank or Undefined format result?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the information provided. I have passed this information onto the development team. I will provide the community an update as soon as possible. 

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation