Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Riverview26
Aspirant
Aspirant

Outdoor usage.  The Arlo Pro 4 has been working fine doing the Snapshot files and I believe the Recorded motion.  I usually do a download of these files.  Now, over the last few days, the results are Undefined JPG files and nothing to see.   

Any ideas?

21 REPLIES 21
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the camera (or the hub, if so connected) to see if that helps.

Riverview26
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the quick response.

Please clearly define "reboot".  The camera is currently "hard-wired" with a 25' Arlo electrical power cord.  Turn the power off to the cord & camera, briefly unplug the cord ........... or something else?   If it is the latter, please be specific as to what you are suggesting.   Once again, thank you for the suggestion and quick response.   

Also, is there an actual telephone number by which I can actually speak and converse with a resl person?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Riverview26 wrote:

Please clearly define "reboot". 

Disconnect power, then open the camera housing and remove/reinsert the battery.  Ideally leave the battery out for 10-15 seconds.

@Riverview26 wrote:

Also, is there an actual telephone number by which I can actually speak and converse with a resl person?

Don't google for one, that will almost always lead you to a scam support site.

Go into the support center in the app (not my.arlo.com), select the camera, and you will find phone support there.  It does require a subscription to access.

Riverview26
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the information.  Since the camera is about an hour away at another location, I will try that out the next I am near the camera.  In the meantime, I assume you must have heard of similar situations where this appoach resolved the matter.  Correct ..... hopefully?  

Since I used to work quite a bit in MIS / IT many moons ago, I was a firm believer in the power of a "reboot" to resolve a strange issue on of a PC.    

Thanks again! 

PS ,,, as a new user of the Arlo Community, I notice that we strangely seem to have the same first name and middle initial.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Riverview26 wrote:
I assume you must have heard of similar situations where this appoach resolved the matter.  Correct ..... hopefully?  

Your issue is a bit different from what we usually see in the forum.  This is a user-to-user forum (neither @jguerdat nor I work for Arlo, so we don't have access to their bug database).

If rebooting doesn't seem to help, the next step would be to do a factory reset.  That process involves

• removing the camera from the account
  • holding down sync on the camera until it flashes amber (about 15 seconds)
  • then adding it back to the account

@Riverview26 wrote:

PS ,,, as a new user of the Arlo Community, I notice that we strangely seem to have the same first name and middle initial.

FWIW, the "B" is the first initial of my last name.

Hbrand
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. Thursday April 13th.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

We have experienced this 'undefined' on on some videos for 2 days. Cannot view in download nor site. One we just had was for a 'live' manual recording. All white thumbnail and error message on download.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you now able to view the videos?

Hbrand
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, blank snapshots. Will cost me 1000's of dollars because proof is not displaying.

Link: 

data ;image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAoAAAAFoCAMAAADw7LpjAAAAGXRFWHRTb2Z0d2FyZQBBZG9iZSBJbWFnZVJlYWR5ccllPAAAAAZQTFRF5OTkAAAArPtXKwAAAPlJREFUeNrswTEBAAAAwqD1T20LL6AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA4GcCDACFlQABOXnLZAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your link didn't work.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

I went back to the 15th and 14th to find the white out videos. They still will not play on PC  download. Unsupported file msg. It seems like most all of ours are when we are 'live' recording and then motion happens and the yellow motion icon comes on while recording, which defeats the purpose for catching neighbor doing things when she trips the motion sensors, as we would have zero proof with this issue going on.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this still ongoing or was it only on those specific days? 

Hbrand
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ongoing, did reset, unplugging, happens on Phone, windows, notpad, tablet.

Greetings, Harold

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have passed this information onto our development team. I will update as soon as possible.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Hbrand and @ksss11 is it on all the Arlo Pro 4 you have or is it certain ones? And if it is certain ones can you provide the serial number for those? You can dm those to me. 

Hbrand
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Arlo Pro 2 and VMB4000

All 4 cameras are blank snapshots.

Hbrand
Aspirant
Aspirant

Other users have same problem. Google that.

Riverview26
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not had a chance to test my camera with the suggestion below,    

"Disconnect power, then open the camera housing and remove/reinsert the battery.  Ideally leave the battery out for 10-15 seconds.". 

Has anyone else tried this suggestion, and if so, what were the results?

The problem I initially indicated to start this chain is still happening with Snapshots and Manually Recorded motion. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

To look into this further can we get the following information?

1. Can we get a screenshot of the missing image?
  2. If the missing image is for a recording, is it also missing in recording list under the device card?

3. Do you have a subscription?
  4. Is the image missing or broken on the web interface?

5. Do we have a URL for any of the broken or missing images?
Hbrand
Aspirant
Aspirant

Scroll up and there is the blank image URL pointing right to Arlo.

Have no subscription 

Riverview26
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry for the delay in responding to your suggestion.  Finally tried it out today.  

YES, this solved the problem for Snapshot and Manual Recording motion when accessing the Arlo Pro 4 camera from the app on my Iphone.  Thank you!

BUT the problem still exists for Snapshot and Manual Recording motion initiated from my Microsoft computer.   Up until a couple of weeks ago, these functions worked just fine.   Any suggestions for this route of generating these types of user triggered actions from my computer?

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation