Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
VetteMoto
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Pro 4 spotlight flashes when motion is detected despite setting on constant. I can't understand why it does that and all 10 of my Pro 4 does the same.  Switching between constant, flash, and pulsate setting does the same ... they all flash the same way. 

15 REPLIES 15
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the lights and/or removed them and added them back in? Are they connected to a hub or your WiFi? You could try rebooting those, too.

VetteMoto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes rebooted (delete and reinstall) a couple cams to the hub. Same behavior 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update, I'll look in to the one. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

VetteMoto
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, this resolved by itself. Not sure what changed but it's working fine now

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update.

Pierreb77
Tutor
Tutor

I’m having the same issue!! Pulsates when set on constant 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Pierreb77 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Pierreb77
Tutor
Tutor

I’ve rebooted and set the floodlight back to factory settings - and still the same. 

I use the floodlight as a floodlight and a security cam. It was always working perfectly until recently. Since late it turns on - 3seconds later turns off and back on again and stays on. And it turns off when it wants to! Never experienced this until now. Really strange … fyi I have a Arlo solar panel connected to it 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Pierreb77 

How long is the floodlight staying on for after being triggered? 

Pierreb77
Tutor
Tutor

It turns on when triggered for a few seconds - shuts off - then goes back on again for like 30 seconds or so…

Pierreb77
Tutor
Tutor

I just checked it again to be sure - turns on for 1 second - shuts off - turns back on for about 22 seconds - then shuts off again 

Pierre 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Pierreb77 

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

donkep
Aspirant
Aspirant

Model FB1001 i I have the same problem when set on constant it flashes for a few seconds most times but every so often it stays constant for the duration.  I've tried everything from resetting the entire system, use factor settings, changed from pulsating to constant and back and forth.  This has been going on since day 1.  So frustrating.  I finally brought it into my office where the Base Statiion is and it does the same thing but seems to stay constant more than pulsating.  Once I put it back outside it starts to pulsate instead of being on constant.  I bought the system at CostCo and very tempted to take it back.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Faulty hardware makes beating your head against a brick wall trying to make it work painful. Rather than continuing to fix a problem that isn't fixable, swap at the store or use Settings, Support to select your camera model and talk to official support.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation