Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Snapshot without subscription

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bigwaves
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don't have a subscription to Arlo anymore and use the base station. There is no option to take a snapshot or record video. I did find the ability to take a camera snapshot using Samsung smartthings. No record video option but better than nothing.
2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bigwaves wrote:
I don't have a subscription to Arlo anymore and use the base station. There is no option to take a snapshot or record video. 

You should be able to record video if you attach a flash drive (or microSD card with the VMB5000) to the base - at least 16GB.  128-256GB is a reasonable size.  Note you won't be able to make manual recordings or take snapshots while livestreaming - but you will get motion-triggered or audio-triggered recordings.

You can see the videos by ejecting the storage and connecting it to a PC.  If you have a VMB4540 or VMB5000 smarthub, you can also access the recordings from the app.

Bigwaves
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the canned response. Again if you want to take a picture while live streaming without an Arlo subscription you can do it with smartthings but not using the Arlo app. A decent workaround. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation