Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Really No way to Disable - Disarm a single Camera?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
FlipperHubba
Initiate
Initiate

I received my First Arlo Camera and have four more on the way. I cannot find a simple way to just disable/Disarm and Enable/Arm an individual Camera. Just the inflexible concept of Routines with three Modes Arm Away/Home/and standby?

I was replacing my reolink system with these cameras. In their app I could click Campfire, and It would turn Off all the cameras that would be triggered when I had a campfire and arm the others. Then I could click a button I called Goodnight that armed all the outside cameras and Turned of the indoor ones. Another For arm All, and all off.

If I only have three mode options, and I can't manually disable each cam I want individually in the App these are going back.

Please anyone know of a way to just manually disable an individual camera?

6 REPLIES 6
RoyCole
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello there i can see your post i have some suggestion for you 

I understand your frustration with the limited options for individually disabling or enabling cameras in the Arlo app. While the Arlo system primarily revolves around the concept of modes (Arm Away, Arm Home, and Disarmed), there may be some workarounds you can try:

1. Geofencing: Arlo offers a geofencing feature that uses your mobile device's location to automatically switch between modes. You can set up a geofence with a smaller radius around your home so that when you are within that range, the cameras are automatically disabled (Disarmed). This way, you can have more control over individual cameras by adjusting your geofencing settings.

2. Scheduling: Utilize the scheduling feature in the Arlo app to set specific time periods when you want individual cameras to be disabled (Disarmed). For example, you can create a schedule to disable a particular camera during the hours when you typically have a campfire.

3. Camera Positioning: Adjust the positioning of the cameras to avoid capturing unwanted areas or activities. This may involve angling the camera or physically repositioning it to focus on specific zones or areas.

4. Contact Arlo Support: If the above options do not meet your requirements, it's recommended to reach out to Arlo support directly. They may be able to provide additional guidance or insights on how to achieve the desired camera disabling functionality.  TellHappyStar

Thanks and regards

RoyCole

Mammoth670
Guide
Guide

open app

click devices

choose camera you want to disable

gear top right

click device ON.  to off

FlipperHubba
Initiate
Initiate

I see that now that I got my Arlo Pro 4s just not available on my Doorbell cameras I was testing, so I assumed it was like that for all cameras.

binarydreams
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think one not mentioned here is to add the camera but NOT to your base station. Instead just add to the wifi network and then you can have a different mode. I need to do this for my indoor camera and I will set it to geofencing whereas my base station cameras are always armed.

oliveray
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you're having trouble finding a way to individually disarm/enable cameras in the Arlo app, here are some general steps you can follow. Please note that the exact steps may vary based on the app version and any updates made after my last knowledge update:

1. Open Arlo App:

• Launch the Arlo app on your smartphone or tablet.
  2. Select Camera:

• Navigate to the Cameras or Devices section within the app.
  3. Choose the Camera:

• Locate the specific camera you want to disarm or enable.
  4. Access Settings:

• Find the settings or gear icon associated with the selected camera.
  5. Check Mode or Armed Status:

• Look for options related to the camera's mode or armed status.
  6. Adjust Mode or Armed Status:

• If available, change the mode or armed status to "Disarmed" to disable the camera or "Armed" to enable it.

If, after trying these steps, you still can't find a way to individually control the arm/disarm status of a specific camera, it's possible that the feature might not be available in the app version you're using. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For those using the new user interface (UI) that uses Feed to view recordings, I find it easier to go to Routines and edit the current mode. I then turn off Motion Detection until I'm done. I then turn it back on - all settings are preserved.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation