Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 will not connect nor sync

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Andrewjl
Guide
Guide

Hello All.    I have a pro4 that was connected directly to the internet and worked fine for some months. However I bought a second VMB5000 hub with the aim to connect the Pro4 and another to it.  I therefore removed the Pro4 and tried to re-connect it with the newly installed hub. This worked fine on the other Pro4 to the same new hub.   However this one fails to reconnect. Fails to sync and just flashes blue all the time you try to connect it . There are no orange falses at all when expected. As it is now no longer connected to the internet directly the unit is uncontrollable.  The camera is currently on charge and regularly flashing blue to go solid for a second or two then off.

Fitting a new fully charged battery has also failed to improve matters

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Andrewjl wrote:

Any suggestions?

Try a factory reset on the camera.  

Andrewjl
Guide
Guide

Thank you Stephen.  This has been tried several times and now the camera rarely returns the amber light at the initaitation stage,  The camera just keeps flashing blue every 10 seconds.  It appears the camera firmware is out of date.  But then I need internet connection to update it. Connecting the camera direct to the internet is also a none starter at the moment 

I'm also speaking to Arlo support on this one. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Andrewjl wrote:

This has been tried several times and now the camera rarely returns the amber light at the initaitation stage,  The camera just keeps flashing blue every 10 seconds. 

You might need to hold down the sync button longer.  Removing and reinserting the battery first might also help.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation