Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 question

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ituhabitu
Follower
Follower

Hi everyone. I currently own 2 Arlo Pro 2's which I have been pretty happy with. One more recently suffered water damage from amending the port to plug up to a solar panel. Long story short, it's a goner, the warranty has long expired, and I now only have one working camera.

I just purchased a Blink camera system, which I have been less than thrilled with compared to Arlo. So back to Arlo I go.

Should I buy a used Pro 2, or go ahead and upgrade to the Pro 4? I've been researching and it looks like the 2 will be unsupported as of 1/2025. I think my biggest draw is that I've been reading the Pro 4, (unlike the 2) requires a subscription service to access basic functions like the 7 day motion recording I've come to love. Can someone confirm or explain this to me? Is the Pro 4 basically useless (other than for live viewing) without a plan? I'd welcome any advice or first-hand experiences. Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The Arlo pro2 Cameras are no longer sold by arlo. Second hand suppliers might be possible as long as you can return it if it doesn’t work. These cameras retain the 7days free cloud storage feature.

Any newer model camera after the pro2 requires a paid subscription plan to use cloud storage.

Arlo does give you direct in app access to your hub backup storage device using the mobile app only. This feature is used to download the recordings to the app for viewing.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation