Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 night vision very grainy

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KatRuth
Follower
Follower

I just purchased 5 pro 4 cameras. I have tried several adjustments to help them record better. Nothing has helped so far. The video is grainy and very snowy. My pro 2s record vastly better. I needed more cameras to fully cover our property so added the pro 4 and purchased the subscription. The wifi signal is full bars so that is NOT the problem. I am very disappointed in these cameras. Also, the battery drains quicker than the pro 2 even though I have settings as low as safety permits. Also, I was sent only two cable chargers for 5 cameras. So if three need charging, I am left with an area un-monitored until I charge two. It takes much longer to charge the pro 4 cameras.
I know you are going to tell me it's the yard lights, but my original pros and pro 2s had NO PROBLEM showing a clear video with these yard lights as we have been with Arlo from almost the beginning of your company.
Also, I am older and it is hard to see detail on a little screen phone app. I use a computer. It is beyond me why you have not updated the web portal. It won't allow me to log out and I have to close the page which should log me out but then I found out it doesn't disconnect me. Also, the video won't play on my  browser. Something about a patent issue with the codecs. I purchased the HEVC codecs from Microsoft but the web portal still won't play the videos and I have to download each and every video to play in Windows - a tremendous inconvenience.
arlo pic.png

.  There is an entire generation and more younger people than you  think who STILL USE COMPUTERS. Please update your web portal.
Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KatRuth wrote:

I know you are going to tell me it's the yard lights, but my original pros and pro 2s had NO PROBLEM showing a clear video with these yard lights as we have been with Arlo from almost the beginning of your company.

They likely were using Nightvision.  Try going into the Night Vision settings for this camera, and setting it to "Black & White".  Then it would use infrared recording, and not use low-light color (which is I think you older cameras were using).

@KatRuth wrote:

I purchased the HEVC codecs from Microsoft but the web portal still won't play the videos and I have to download each and every video to play in Windows - a tremendous inconvenience.

What browser are you using?  Firefox won't work (even with the HEVC extension).

If this is an older PC, then I suggest trying Edge.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation