Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
BAW318
Follower
Follower

Hi I just got a arlo pro 4. I can't get my cameras, which I charged, to connect. I can't find any phone support. I am about to send them back.

39 REPLIES 39
dcfox1
Master
Master

@BAW318 wrote:
Hi I just got a arlo pro 4. I can't get my cameras, which I charged, to connect. I can't find any phone support. I am about to send them back.

Need more details for someone here to help. What have you tried, where do you get stuck? Are you trying to connect to your wifi or a Hub/Base?  Also have have you read the FAQ here for set up information. There is a video of the set up. 

SantaFeDawn
Star
Star

I’m boxing mine up to return. I set up a separate 2.4 GHz on my Airport Time Capsule and none of the three cameras can be found. BestBuy has no clue, Arlo has no support. Not giving my money to a company that cares so little about customer support.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SantaFeDawn,

What LED behavior do you see on the cameras? What error messages are you getting and at what point during setup are they shown?

JamesC

SantaFeDawn
Star
Star
I have an Airport Time Capsule. Dual band. The cameras chime for the QR code but cannot be “found”. I set up a separate 2.4Ghz band for the iPhone to use for WiFi but it will not connect.
SantaFeDawn
Star
Star
The blue light flashes while it searches for the camera but eventually stood and says “ no camera found”.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

How is the WiFi encryption set up on the Airport Capsule?  WPA2???

SantaFeDawn
Star
Star
It’s WPA2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried using a PC (or Mac)?  Browse to my.arlo.com.

Sometimes it will onboard from a PC/Mac more easily.

SantaFeDawn
Star
Star
Thank you. Just tried that twice but with the same result. It chimes at the QR code but spins and finally says no camera can be found.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SantaFeDawn wrote:
Thank you. Just tried that twice but with the same result. It chimes at the QR code but spins and finally says no camera can be found.

Maybe try a factory reset first. https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

If you can connect the PC/Mac to the router with ethernet, that might also help.

SantaFeDawn
Star
Star

A good idea, but none of the three cameras have ever been “found” in order to be registered, so They do not show up on my account to “forget”. But, every time I re-attempt connecting the cameras, simply removing and replacing the batteries does not get the blue light blinking. I’ve had to do the reset button every time. Could that mean the cameras are defective?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SantaFeDawn wrote:

A good idea, but none of the three cameras have ever been “found” in order to be registered, so They do not show up on my account to “forget”. 

Obviously you can't remove the cameras from the account.  But you can hold down the sync button until you get the three amber blinks.  Have you done that?

SantaFeDawn
Star
Star

Sure did, every time!

b_j_h
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here…

Definitely on a 2.4 GHz connection, which is online.

Blue light flashing..

Scan the QR code, and get the chime..

Blue light flashes about 6 times, then flashes amber once, then goes out..

After a while, no camera found.

Have tried on various iOS devices, as well as a Windows PC.

Any assistance welcome, otherwise will try a different camera.

Thanks

SantaFeDawn
Star
Star

Just so everyone knows what has been tried…

1. Directions followed precisely. Sign onto wifi on phone and app when promised. Scan QR Code for chime. Continue to "finding" camera…wait while it spins endlessly and then says "no camera found"

2. Remove battery, reset app to Try Again, insert battery, reset to factory waiting for amber light then blue light. Scan QR Code for chime, camera still cannot be found.

3. Set up separate 2.4 Ghz band on wifi router and select the 2.4 on the iPhone. Still no connection.

4. Rename WiFi Network to short with no spaces no special character. Still no connection.

5. Log in from iMac…again get as far as QR Code scan and chime until it won't connect.

jhamilton4282
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same problem and am frustrated by the lack of support from the online chat.  Very poor service, no live person to talk to.

bstone01
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm just curious, any update on this? I'm having the same issue. I've been using Arlo cameras for years now at two residences (mine and my in-laws) and I've just upgraded my in-laws system to the new Arlo Pro 4. Two of the cameras connected to their wi-fi with no issues. The third camera will not connect. The battery is fully charged, the process goes all the way through to the end and after the scan (with chime) it just searches but never finds the network. Again, the first two cameras in this 3 camera system connected with no issues. I've now taken this new camera to my house and tried to connect to my wi-fi with no issues. I tried connecting to my base station as well, no luck. Virtual support offered no assistance. Now what? 

SantaFeDawn
Star
Star

The most frustrating part is that Arlo offers really no tech support. Since I cannot get my camera to be "found" so that I can register, I cannot buy a subscription or receive phone tech support to resolve the problem. From many friends, the older models with the hub connection were much better. The Pro 4 cameras apparently have flaws. I think my only alternative is to return the camera set to Best Buy and go with an alternative brand with better customer support.

stevettocs
Tutor
Tutor

Same exact issue here.  Pro 4 was working fine for weeks beforehand.  It lost connection and now can't find the device after /reset/removal, etc......

SantaFeDawn
Star
Star

I just read a comment in a review on the Arlo Pro 4 that says they will not connect to a Netgear mesh router. Is this true?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SantaFeDawn wrote:

I just read a comment in a review on the Arlo Pro 4 that says they will not connect to a Netgear mesh router. Is this true?

My Pro 4 is currently connected to a base, but I have connected it directly to my Orbi mesh. 

FWIW, I have two other Arlo cameras connected directly to the Orbi at the moment,  and had no trouble setting that up.

kvandenbos
Initiate
Initiate
Any update on this? I have followed everything exactly as said. Checked all settings at router, connected to 2.4 ghz. All credentials are identical, have done the reset I don't know how many times and same as above, blinks blue a few times then a quick flash of amber and off. Never discovered. I had hour long chats with customer service and they sent me a new one, which I had to pay shipping to send back to them, on a brand new camera that came out of the box. The new one I received is doing the exact same thing. I tried multiple devices, iPhone, iPad, windows laptop. None work. Is there any update on this issue??
SantaFeDawn
Star
Star

I returned my set and bought eufy cameras. So easy. Great personal support. Flawless performance and a terrific app interface for each camera. Built in backup…no subscription!

stevettocs
Tutor
Tutor

I exchanged the camera and the new one is working fine, except right now because it is -5 below zero F

Discussion stats