Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 cameras keep going offline

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RCAdams
Initiate
Initiate

I ordered the pro 4 once arlo announced they would no longer support arlo 2. I’ve spent many, many hours trying to get the cameras to work and have spoken to technical support many times. The problem? Cameras keep going off line. The product is not good. None of the fixes have worked at all and every time I talk to someone they offer another fix which is a failure. 

anyone else have this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This implies a signal strength/quality issue. If the camera is in a different location, perhaps inside, does it work properly?

RCAdams
Initiate
Initiate

It happens to both inside and outside cameras at different times. My signal strength is very strong as the technical support people have tested and acknowledged. They have told me it is not a signal strength.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the cameras connected to your WiFi or to a hub? Have you tried rebooting those?

RichAnderson1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. I have two sets of Arlo cameras, at two different homes.  Whenever power blips (especially the home on Florida Flash & Flicker power) the cameras lose connectivity.  I cannot reset them unless I am at the house to push that silly little button. I think I'm going to throw both sets in the trash and buy Ring cameras or some other brand.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A UPS for your modem, router and hub, if you have one, could easily make all the difference by not allowing those devices to be powered off for any reason, maintaining not only power but also the Internet connection (unless the ISP connection also goes down). That should improve the situation a lot.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation