Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
killrnails
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my cameras won't charge.  After thoroughly wiping off the camera connection area, I tried using a different outlet, no luck.  I then switched charging cords, no luck.  I then used the online chat; it said it sent me an email to my correct address Arlo has on file with a code to enter in the chat, no email after ten minutes.  I then clicked on the "I didn't receive an email" option about four times, waited several minutes in-between before clicking on the "didn't receive an email", still no email.  The camera that's not charging is still receiving video/pictures/sound.  No blue light came on when I connected the magnetic charging cable either time.  All my other cameras are receiving videos & sound, as well as no issues charging.  Any suggestions are appreciated, since I'm unable to access a means to speak with a live person via phone call or online chat.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
killrnails
Aspirant
Aspirant

My apologies regarding my last response to your post regarding the camera cover.  My husband initially assembled the cameras two years ago when we first got them & I didn't realize they came apart (I'm in charge of letting him know they need to be charged).  This particular camera fell a month ago & upon removing the cover, I noticed several broken plastic pieces from the cover, which was inhibiting the charge.  Hoping Arlo sells replacement covers, because if not, the camera is useless.  Thank you for mentioning the cover, because I never would have realized it existed! 😊

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Verify that the camera is fully inserted into the cover. No part of the camera face should extend out past the cover. WHen inserting the camera, be sure that you hear a click which will tell you it's fully inserted.

killrnails
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not exactly sure what cover you're referring to as I've never had to remove any parts of any of our Alro cameras to use the magnetic charging cord.

killrnails
Aspirant
Aspirant

My apologies regarding my last response to your post regarding the camera cover.  My husband initially assembled the cameras two years ago when we first got them & I didn't realize they came apart (I'm in charge of letting him know they need to be charged).  This particular camera fell a month ago & upon removing the cover, I noticed several broken plastic pieces from the cover, which was inhibiting the charge.  Hoping Arlo sells replacement covers, because if not, the camera is useless.  Thank you for mentioning the cover, because I never would have realized it existed! 😊

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can always check the accessories section in Arlo.com. This is likely what you need:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories/VMA5202H-10000S.html

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation