Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 Security Camera - finding videos on local storage

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CarriT
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 Pro 4 cameras and a base hub.  Have recently dropped my subscription (It was 1.99/camera when I started and now is $15/mo for 2 - ridiculous!) and want to use local storage.  I have the USB in and it is recording - but I can't find the videos in the library on my app.  I would appreciate any guidance. 

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CarriT wrote:

I have 2 Pro 4 cameras and a base hub.  Have recently dropped my subscription (It was 1.99/camera when I started and now is $15/mo for 2 - ridiculous!) and want to use local storage.  I have the USB in and it is recording - but I can't find the videos in the library on my app.  I would appreciate any guidance. 

What base model do you have?  Look for a VMBxxxx label on it.

CarriT
Aspirant
Aspirant

VMB4540r3

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CarriT wrote:

VMB4540r3

Ok.  Do you see "Library" in your app as a menu option?  Or do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead?

Also, did you enable direct access to local storage in the app?

The way to see the recordings does depend on whether you have Library or Feed.  Either way, you can only see the recordings in the app - you can't access them from the web browser.

With Library, you should be able to press on the center of the Library title on the Library screen.   You should then see the base station as an option.  Select that, and you should see the local recordings.

With Feed, you go to the devices page in the app, and select the base station.  Then select local storage.  The recordings are shown there (they are not shown at all on the Feed page).

Limitations include

• recordings only available in the app, not the browser
  • recordings only available from the primary account (not friend accounts)
  • no ability to make manual recordings or take snapshots
  • no thumbnails - the videos need to be downloaded to your phone before you see anything
  • remote access requires changes to router settings that many find difficult (and which don't work with some internet service providers).

FWIW, normally I recommend setting up and testing local storage before the subscription expires.

CarriT
Aspirant
Aspirant

StephenB thank you for helping me with this.  Yes, it shows 'library' in my menu.  When I open the library I only see videos from the one camera that still has the subscription on it but my other camera doesn't show up.  I double checked that I enabled direct access correctly - and it seems to be done.  I know the USB is getting something recorded to it because I can see it filling.  I just can't find those videos and want to make sure they are filling with images from both cameras. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CarriT wrote:

StephenB thank you for helping me with this.  Yes, it shows 'library' in my menu.  

When you press "Library" on the top center of the app page, do you see a pulldown that includes the name of the base station?

If you do, then select it.

CarriT
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is no drop down option.  At the top of my app page it shows devices, library, mode setting.  When I click on library, it shows the videos recorded from the camera that is still also covered by the subscription.  The other camera is not found there.  When I click on devices I see both cameras and whatever was the last recorded image.  The camera that I cannot find the recordings on also says "AC power is currently disconnected".  When I click on mode, it shows the base hub and indicates that it is armed.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CarriT wrote:

There is no drop down option.  At the top of my app page it shows devices, library, mode setting.  When I click on library, it shows the videos recorded from the camera that is still also covered by the subscription.  The other camera is not found there.  When I click on devices I see both cameras and whatever was the last recorded image.  The camera that I cannot find the recordings on also says "AC power is currently disconnected".  When I click on mode, it shows the base hub and indicates that it is armed.  

Have you checked that local storage is enabled in the base station settings?

If you press the "Library" title, after you open the library screen, it normally let you select the base station.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation