Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Magnetic charging

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ronco
Follower
Follower

Unable to charge pro 4 cameras. Tried everything I read on Arlo virtual assistance. Unplug, replug,clean,blah blah blah. System only 1 month old, 1st time attempting charge. Been at this for 2 days. Everything working fine until batteries were deleted and shut off. I brought them in for charging iaw instructions to no avail. Shouldn't be this difficult. I want to return entire set for refund by the 30 day return policy passed, been 32 days since shipped.  Would appreciate advice before I toss in trash. What a disappointing waste of $400.00 I really can't afford to give to "Arlo" for nothing. Shouldn't have to spend hours just trying to charge a battery.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ronco wrote:

Unable to charge pro 4 cameras. Tried everything I read on Arlo virtual assistance. Unplug, replug,clean,blah blah blah. 

Are you using the Arlo charger?

If this is happening with both cameras, it is most likely the charger (though it could be the cable).  You can substitute other USB chargers (ideally 5v, 2A) to sort out whether it is a bad charger or not.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Waiting to charge until the battery is dead may be the issue. It's much better to proactively charge. 

While this is for older cameras, it may be useful here:

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

The key is to try charging several times to get enough charge into the battery to then allow it to fully charge.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation