Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issues Adding again...

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Fhbrumb
Tutor
Tutor

So, again, I cannot link a camera to my account...

I've tried on my phone and on my laptop.  In both cases, all devices were on the 2.4G band of my WiFi. In both cases, I get to the point where I need to scan the QR, and get no chimes.  Reboot, restart, un-battery, re-battery, and I've had the same results 10 times now.  Dead silence at the QR step.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Frank

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Fhbrumb wrote:

So, again, I cannot link a camera to my account...

I've tried on my phone and on my laptop.  In both cases, all devices were on the 2.4G band of my WiFi. In both cases, I get to the point where I need to scan the QR, and get no chimes.  Reboot, restart, un-battery, re-battery, and I've had the same results 10 times now.  Dead silence at the QR step.

Have you tried the factory reset (holding down sync until the camera flashes amber?).  That can take about 15 seconds.

Fhbrumb
Tutor
Tutor

I had not. But after about 15 tries, I was able to submit the camera through perseverance. 

But now, it won't load new firmware.

The camera shows with the others, with a prompt to load new firmware.

I click the button to do so, and 10 minutes or so later, same prompt, same button...

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Fhbrumb wrote:

But now, it won't load new firmware.

The camera shows with the others, with a prompt to load new firmware.

I click the button to do so, and 10 minutes or so later, same prompt, same button...

I'd wait a day, and see if it installs on its own.

Fhbrumb
Tutor
Tutor

It sat overnight with no change.

It is on the charger, and at 100%.

Camera set to inactive, no motion etc.

Reset several times.

Nothing.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe it's a faulty camera? Swapping at the store could be the fastest resolution.

Fhbrumb
Tutor
Tutor

So, after many, many tries, it is up.

This is my 4th camera. Every single time, set up was a pain. Once they get all linked up, they seem to do fine. But set up feels like playing roulette...

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation