Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issue with one of 3 cameras. Now cannot re=add it

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TJC1962
Aspirant
Aspirant

so I had an issue with one of my three cameras. It stopped working. Told me that there was a "low temperture" issue (I live in Florida - it's not an issue!).  the only one!  so I finally removed the camera using the app. Now I tried adding it back in.  it won't.

1.  I added the network in my house.

2.  I took out and reinstalled the battery. The blue light blinked

3. I scanned the code. It chimed

4.  However, when it goes to "Looking for your Arlo Camera" - nothing.  it can't find it

I have a Pro 4.

also note that after chiming, it was blinking 2 red lights at the top. Now nothing.

Help

5 REPLIES 5
TJC1962
Aspirant
Aspirant

also, I tried it both on my phone and my lap top. I also entered in my SSID manually.

same issue.  Camera Not Found

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like a failed camera. Use the app to click on Settings, Support, select your camera and scroll down to Contacts to talk to official support for a possible RMA.

PopoM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems like I am having the same problem. Except all my devices are not being found. I have 3 cameras and a doorbell which have all gone offline and cannot now be found. I removed them from the app and am trying to add them back in, and have not had any success.  They are just a little over a year old.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

After making sure the batteries are charged, try these FAQs (one for cameras, the other for the doorbell):

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

Rebooting the router may also help.

PopoM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally decided that the power indictators on the app were lying to me. I recharged all the batteries, which took overnight and most of the day, I clouding the doorbell. After failing to connect again, calling support, only to have them tell me to do what I had tried several times to try and connect to the hub, decided to try and connect straight to my router, which I rebooted since we had a long power outage a few days before all cameras went offline, all the same day. 

I was able to reinstall all my cameras and doorbell. Just a small annoyance is the fact that the instructions have you put the unit back in the housing, and then if you don't have success,  has you push the sync button, which cannot be accessed unless the unit is taken out of the housing. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation