Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

External Power Supply Issue

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sven62
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pro 4 camera keeps going offline with Arlo external power supply. Yes the power supply is official from ARLO. I am trying it now with a battery in it and the power supply connected. Does it require a battery to be in it to work with the external power supply? I wouldn't think so. but....

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The battery isn't required but is suggested to remain in place for power outages (although a UPS for your modem, router and any Arlo hub is also needed to keep the network up, too). 

Does the camera work ok without the AC power and just the battery? If not, signal strength/quality is the likely issue.

Sven62
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the camera worked fine with only the battery. My issue was that it stopped working with only the external power cord. I ordered a new cord and still seemed to have issues until I put the battery back in. Now it is working fine. IDK what the problem is.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like a faulty camera. If it's within the warranty period, use the app to go to Settings, Support and choose your camera. Scroll down to Contacts to see what official support says. This requires a subscription to work.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation