Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

EOL?? Cameras not working?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
hermdaniel
Follower
Follower

I have a combination of Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Ultra, doorbell, etc. All of these devices were purchased at full price from Best Buy stores within the past 14 months. I have paid for a subscription, and have installed/maintained these cameras according to the manufacturer instructions.

Continuously — these devices are offline. They disconnect randomly and the cause is not a WiFi strength/connection issue. The problem is the product.  The cause of camera offline is  routinely a software/hardware glitch on the devices themselves; usually requiring a restart/reset/software update... Adding to the frustration of quality is a truly poor playback and storage platform. The Arlo App ‘dashboard’ is slow, not a truly ‘live’ playback, and is completely unreliable for alerts and playback. Check these message boards… I am not the first one to point this out.

And that’s not all….

I, and I’m certain thousands of other consumers, feel ‘duped’ upon learning of the Arlo ‘EOL’ (end of life??) memo that all support, i.e. glitch fixes, online support, parts(?), etc….. for all of these products wil end within a period on months.

Could an Arlo executive, preferably someone from senior management, please respond to this post?

In your response, please answer and explain:

1.)   Why and for how long were these devices sold and kept on shelves while knowledge of sub-par performance and needs for upgrade(s) were known? I am certain that as of January ‘24, most (if not all) of the identified EOL’d devices are still being sold by major retailers.

2.)   How have  I (and countless other consumers/Arlo account holders) not wasted money, time, and energy on these products?

I am perplexed by what seems to be such obvious disregard for liability and customer base.

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @hermdaniel 

Thanks for the feedback. When did these offline issues first occur? I see all your devices are connected directly to your router.

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have tried so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

AdamLMT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same. Mine stopped working soon as I had to unplug the power for a few mins. Never had trouble but now NONE of my Arlo2 Pro cameras will sync anymore.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation