Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Nickl24
Initiate
Initiate

I keep getting double notifications with my Pro4.  Everything is up to date etc but I'm not sure what to do.

Any ideas? Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
T18554
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having this problem too, did you get any help? 

Nickl24
Initiate
Initiate

I have not!  It's an annoying issue to say the least.  I turned my notifications mostly off for the time being. 

T18554
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yikes, I'm digging in here to see if there are setting changes I can find, I'll let you know if I come up with anything. 

MindlessM0nk3y
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently bought and installed the Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell. I installed the Arlo Secure app and configured everything. I am getting double notifications for every motion event. I will get an initial notification stating "Motion detected" with a short clip of what caused the notification. A few seconds later I will get a second notification stating "Vehicle detected" or "Person detected" with the same short clip as the previous notification.

This is very annoying. Just give me one notification stating "Vehicle detected" or "Person detected" or whatever. Anyone found a way to resolve this?

Android OS 13

Arlo app version: 4.1.1_28514

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you remove and resync the camera, do you still experience the same issue?

JamesC

T18554
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did end up having to do this when I moved my cameras, but it did not resolve the issue. I didn't try specifically to resolve it though. I did set the manual record time to 120 seconds which reduced the volume of notifications I get but not the duplicates. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You might be getting one notification when the motion is triggered, and a second notification the Arlo cloud classifies the recording later on.  If you set the recording down to 10 seconds, are you still seeing two notifications per recording?

T18554
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestion, and sorry for the late reply. I will try this and see if it works. Ice exhausted everything else I can think of. 

Mike_Oakes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue, where first I get a still image in my notification bar and then a second notification with a short video clip two minutes later. 

I turned off the video preview, but now I still get two notifications a few minutes apart. They're both still images, now.

This is terribly annoying and completely useless.

SoozyQ1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been fighting with arlo for 2 years now. There is no fix. Once you have the glitch, you can never get rid of the glitch. Thousands of customers deal with this. Not only that the delay of notifications can be minutes late, if any notifications at all. Good luck.  I bought my cameras through Costco and plan on returning them. 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation