Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Connection to wifi when camera went offline. would not restart. removed from wifi

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
II5554594
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cameras were purchased august 23...so barely 2 months old. 1 of 4 cameras went offline...would not restart. Removed from wifi and sat on my kitchen table for at least 2 weeks waiting for young friend to help me. Called customer service yesterday for help and was told warranty expired. What?? Spoke with a foreigner that was hard to understand and  with  a bad connection, conversation was hard to comprehend.

He was no help at all !   All he wanted to do was sell me a service policy for 1..3..5..lifetime years. 1 year policy was $129.99. What?? I tried connecting to the  wifi myself and the response was 

"no Arlo device found."  The man said because my device was not "new." HUH??  All I need is how to reintroduce my camera to the internet wifi.  So far the other 3 cameras are doing their job. This customer service practice is deceptive and leaves a lot to be desired!!. I am frustrated and angry.  

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@II5554594 wrote:

All he wanted to do was sell me a service policy for 1..3..5..lifetime years. 1 year policy was $129.99.

Where did you find the number to call?

II5554594
Aspirant
Aspirant
II5554594
Aspirant
Aspirant

Found the number online  408 638-3750

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Googling for support is always a bad idea - use the Arlo site for contact info. If you check the support link on arlo.com you'll see how to use the app for phone contact. I see 866-214-6520 when I click on phone.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@jguerdat wrote:

Googling for support is always a bad idea - use the Arlo site for contact info. If you check the support link on arlo.com you'll see how to use the app for phone contact. I see 866-214-6520 when I click on phone.

The 408 number he called  was the one listed in the contact us links but it is gone now and now when called  just refers you to the app. I also see the 866 number now in the App. @II5554594 May have been quoted for a subscription which you need now if out of warranty and the 129 bucks with tax would add up to that for 12 months. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation