Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
PenGo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I read the instructions to setup my Arlo cameras with Apple HomeKit. The instructions say to go to the Arlo app and then: “Settings-My Devices-Select a Camera-Tap Homekit” but after choosing a camera, there is no HomeKit option to tap. Please help. Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @PenGo 

You will need to select the base station/SmartHub.

You can find more info on setting up your device with HomeKit here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062279

PenGo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. Not sure what you mean by “you will need to select the base station/SmartHub. The instructions say to go to the Arlo app then go to Settings, then My Devices, Select an Arlo Base Station you want to add to HomeKit, Select a Home and Add it. There is no step which gives me the option to select the base station/Smart Hub. But beyond that, there is no option for HomeKit or to select a home after I select an Arlo camera. After I select “My Devices” in Setttings only the cameras appear -no Smart Hub.

The link you sent me is the link I had. I followed those instructions but there is a disconnect between what the instructions say and the options that appear as I follow the instructions..

Thank you,

Penelope.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PenGo wrote:

The instructions say to go to the Arlo app then go to Settings, then My Devices, Select an Arlo Base Station you want to add to HomeKit, Select a Home and Add it. 

Do you have the Pro 4 connected through a base/smarthub?  The feature isn't available if the Pro 4 is connected directly to your home wifi.

If you are connected through a base, then make sure you are adding homekit from a primary Arlo account, and not a "friend" account.

PenGo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, all my Arlo Pro 4 cameras are connected to a smart hub via wifi but as I mentioned before, there is a disconnect between what the instructions say to do and the options that I’m seeing in the app. At no point am I able to select HomeKit after selecting a device. 

Frustrated. This was one of the features why I bought these cameras so it’s disappointing to not get the support I expected. Hope you or someone else can help. 

Thank you.

PenGo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I forgot to mention in my previous response that I’m the account manager and that’s where I’m trying to set the HomeKit from. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation