Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Color Night Vision Keeps Turning on Color Night Vision

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
LordBracht
Tutor
Tutor

Ever since I was upgraded to the new app all of my pro 4s, 5s and essential spotlight cameras the color night vision keeps turning itself on and I keep turning it back to the black and white night vision. Is there a way to permanently select the black and white night vision or have the system permanently remember my settings? 

4 REPLIES 4
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It's a bug that I mentioned on here some time ago, but it's not been fixed yet, as far as I know, and I have no idea when it will (suspect the list of bugs is long...)

A way to prevent the colour vision turning on is to switch off the spotlight, and then select the black and night vision. However, I've noticed that there can be two different settings for this in the app and on myarlo, so not sure which takes the precedence, if either at all. For me, it was enough to switch off the spotlight and select black and white vision in the app.

LordBracht
Tutor
Tutor

I am also having the problem of the app is randomly deleting or un pairing cameras from my setup causing me to re add and reset to get them to connect. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @LordBracht 

Are these devices plugged in to a solar panel? 

LordBracht
Tutor
Tutor

No they are not plugged into a solar panel. They are occasionally plugged into a corded charger. Would adding a solar panel cause that? I was thinking of adding one. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation